Model Cars Magazine Forum

My in progress trucks: Kenworth S2

Junkyard Brockway? are you kidding me? have your guys hook that up to the Autocar wrecker and deliver it to my shop, where it will receive an in-frame,rods,mains,trans rebuilt etc. along with a total restoration!.....................awesome work,i'm liking that needlenose KW as well!..............................Mark

I just call it "junkyard" because it was built with random parts and will be rusted and weathered when done. It sits on a modified DM 800 frame, resin Hendrickson, resin cab, resin tanks, paystar bumper, Astro rear spokes, and diamond Reo front spokes.

6C4EB05B-A4C4-4E93-9447-BA3B2DE623CF_zps

E8BB2A7B-954D-4A5E-A50A-62D39D66C7C2_zps

537E81BF-C175-430E-9750-B6008B72F673_zps

TERRY, THIS IS COOL. ARE THERE MORE PICS OF THIS, OR IS THERE A IN PROGRESS BUILD THREAD ON IT?

7AB56F9D-7FD7-42F1-9429-AF982145FF90_zps

Without digging it out, here are the only othe pics.

6E34DCD1-52CC-4625-95BB-D4BCE9FF8E3D_zps

The rear of the frame needs to be modified. It was originally going to be a prime mover.

57A23424-77F9-4E6B-8716-99AD6A5483B5_zps

Edited by Superpeterbilt

Without digging it out, here are the only othe pics.

6E34DCD1-52CC-4625-95BB-D4BCE9FF8E3D_zps

The rear of the frame needs to be modified. It was originally going to be a prime mover.

57A23424-77F9-4E6B-8716-99AD6A5483B5_zps

THANKS TERRY, I LIKE THE EXTENDED NOSE, ARE THERE ANY 1:1 AUTOCAR VERSIONS WITH THIS NOSE?

GAWD, and here I thought I was ALONE with all the "started" WIP's I've got going.......

Aparently, we both aren't suffering from it............ :D

LOVE the Western Star! ('d love to score the big bunk from Italeri) from years ago......

Thank Tim. It can be done with the contents of the kit. I removed a out an inch (I think) from the height, modified it to a tandem, slid the axles back, and angled the rear wall. The hardest part is removing the big protrusions that the fenders mount to.

Those big molded on protrusions are imposing.. plenty of sawing..

GAWD, and here I thought I was ALONE with all the "started" WIP's I've got going.......

Aparently, we both aren't suffering from it............ :D

LOVE the Western Star! ('d love to score the big bunk from Italeri) from years ago......

Are you looking for just the sleeper, or the whole truck? I might have an extra sleeper.

I'm with Tim on that tanker you have....I have a couple of those in the stash, and it's given me a couple of ideas as well.....

Amazing, the amount of unfinished business you have......Where do you keep them all?? I have a problem finding room for my completed projects...... :D

I'm with Tim on that tanker you have....I have a couple of those in the stash, and it's given me a couple of ideas as well.....

Amazing, the amount of unfinished business you have......Where do you keep them all?? I have a problem finding room for my completed projects...... :D

JT, sorry I thought I replied to you. I have a 24' x 24' shop thats pretty much my personal Hobby Shop. Shelves lined with kits, cabinets full of resin stash, bins full of parts, more stacks of kits, 20' workbench, display area, and in progress area. Theres even a 1:1 '69 Plymouth and '49 Indian in there. If your ever over this way, come check it out.

JT, sorry I thought I replied to you. I have a 24' x 24' shop thats pretty much my personal Hobby Shop. Shelves lined with kits, cabinets full of resin stash, bins full of parts, more stacks of kits, 20' workbench, display area, and in progress area. Theres even a 1:1 '69 Plymouth and '49 Indian in there. If your ever over this way, come check it out.

That's an impressive unfinished built (for now) I really enjoyed every one of your built that you post here. So I tip my hat!! P.S. I would love to have a place like you have!! But my wife wive a little ( doesn't like my ugly 1950 workbench) space to work on my built. I looking forward to see your projects finished.

• 4 weeks later...

This is done for the time being, so I figured I'd add it here.I wanted to scratch build a Pete 362 cab using 359 doors and the front of a GMC Astro. After a few hours of work, I'm very satisfied with the results. I couldn't find any resources on the 1:1 to get dimensions from, so I winged it. I acquired a built up Can-Do wrecker body and. I wanted to put it on a cabover. Since a 352 would be a little old for a modern rotator, I decided on a 362. After loosing a few resin 362 cabs on ebay(too high price,for too much work), I decided to try to build one. It will eventually be a 362E with the cab step running full length. It's mocked up on a stretched 359 chassis for the photos. It will get its own chassis eventually with tri-drive, no tag axle.

77655D89-EDF8-437F-B91C-537192EDC5B2_zps

93BB4B87-F271-413D-8124-9E7336A6316E_zps

BF1AD340-72E1-441E-B677-9D4F1AA2BFE5_zps

70FBCC50-AEC9-4740-8732-F590D2CC9C1F_zps

B9338839-EF86-4F3C-B389-0D692B02C3F6_zps

E15A1549-8CAC-44DD-A708-DFFA86967193_zps

Thanks guys. It was just one of those afternoon "what if?" projects. After looking at the work involved with the resin cabs(no panel lines, no rivets, etc) at a cost of $100+ I figured it was worth a shot. It's a shame that wrecker body will have to be stripped due to the decals being applied on the bare plastic. All of the glue joints are visible and have yellowed. It looks good from a distance, but it won't cut it. I might build another one of these cabs for a tractor.

• 1 month later...