Model Cars Magazine Forum

My in progress trucks: Kenworth S2

After discussing it in another thread, I thought I would compile all of my in progress models. I have trouble completing a project for sure, usually because I've already started another one. I usually get a really strong vision of something, and have to start on it immediately. I counted over 40 in progress, so here goes.Some of these may never get posted, or completed.

KW needle nose, mercury sleeper

1-2.jpg

Road Boss

006-2.jpg

Pete 359 and dumper

4-5.jpg

Road Boss

DSC_0006.jpg

Diamond Reo dumper

4353B708-0EB6-4EAB-AB8F-364CD82A5C6D_zps

West Coast Autocar

8D5B0B4D-CEE1-4DD7-88CC-17575F488091_zps

Junkyard Brockway 361

E5E789B8-4D32-4187-B984-C08B1F08D294_zps

Edited by Superpeterbilt

Terry,

That is a impressive collection of started projects.You have a good selction there. And many of them I really like. Mostly the dumps and heavy duty work trucks.

I also have a tendency to do that. But kinda got away from it. After I started losing parts. And yes I do have a lot of unfinished projects. Going back to things I started in the early 80's.

Be Well

Gator

some cool looking trucks here .. but never worry about completion if you're enjoying working on them.I have to have 20 or so I'm working on ... I never count. I go back and forth as I feel like and enjoy every second. I enjoy the building rather than the staring at my shelves.

Wow Terry that's a LOT of truck projects and all are lookin' good. I've built a couple of trucks back in the late 70's, early 80's and decided that they take up too much room. I had even subscribed to Overdrive magazine at the time for reference photos also. Keep up the good work, and work on what you feel like. After all, it is a hobby.

I have about a dozen that are underway. Like you, I get an idea and jump right in on some basic assembly. I promised myself not to start new ones until these are done, but it doesn't always work. I do find that if I'm really stuck on one, I move to another for a much needed break.

Well Terry, there's not a day that passes when the words "I don't have any builds to work on" can be used :D All these projects are worthy of completion. Your ideas are excellent! The tanker with the west coast A'car is awesome and the "two story Dart" looks a lot nicer than the box version. I thought you completed the Peter plane...now that would look great "Under Glass"

Edited by Tesla

Terry, I think while you wait to finish all these cool looking projects, you should make a large diorama of a big rig boneyard, put them all in it to give the illusion that they are completed builds, lol.

Seriously though, some cool looking projects you have going on.

TERRY, THIS IS COOL. ARE THERE MORE PICS OF THIS, OR IS THERE A IN PROGRESS BUILD THREAD ON IT?

7AB56F9D-7FD7-42F1-9429-AF982145FF90_zps

No, there is no build thread, but I can take more pics of it for you. It was a glue bomb Autocar with the IMC tanker body on it. I stretched the hood(dont ask why, just wanted to) added a Mack camelback from the DM 800 kit, and the dump body is Italeri (freightliner, DAF). I have no idea what Im going to do for an engine yet. Wheels are AITM resin.

Well Terry, there's not a day that passes when the words "I don't have any builds to work on" can be used :D All these projects are worthy of completion. Your ideas are excellent! The tanker with the west coast A'car is awesome and the "two story Dart" looks a lot nicer than the box version. I thought you completed the Peter plane...now that would look great "Under Glass"

Thanks Dennis. Im pretty fond of the Autocar myself. That one is actually pretty close to paint. The Peter Plane is not completed yet. I hit a wall with the tail end and got stalled. I still havent figured out a solution, but thats not a project to be rushed. The little "two story Dart" is my imaginations answer to Fords Two Story Falcon. Thats not the final name, but its a fun project. Some of these got put aside for the Mack Madness thing, but that didnt really take off.

I like your Euro tanker rework! That gives me an idea for that kit.

Tim

Thank Tim. It can be done with the contents of the kit. I removed a out an inch (I think) from the height, modified it to a tandem, slid the axles back, and angled the rear wall. The hardest part is removing the big protrusions that the fenders mount to.

Terry, I think while you wait to finish all these cool looking projects, you should make a large diorama of a big rig boneyard, put them all in it to give the illusion that they are completed builds, lol.

Seriously though, some cool looking projects you have going on.

Thanks Tom. They all sit parked on a 4' x 8' shelf that does look sort of like a parking lot. If I put a scale mesh fence around the shelf it would look like a junkyard.

Junkyard Brockway? are you kidding me? have your guys hook that up to the Autocar wrecker and deliver it to my shop, where it will receive an in-frame,rods,mains,trans rebuilt etc. along with a total restoration!.....................awesome work,i'm liking that needlenose KW as well!..............................Mark