Model Cars Magazine Forum

Vote for the Best Looking F1 Car of All Time

Thanks for the link JC. Some interesting pairings to say the least. Sad to say that both the Ferrari 641 and Tyrrell P34 were lagging behind in their respective brackets, when I voted. LOL

Yea I can't believe they pitted the Eagle and the P34 against each other in the first round.

And to include the McLaren MP-4/4 over the 4/6 - baffling.

247ab83f6fbeb6e65962c1511d7ab3f7.jpg

Edited by afx

I don't agree with all the car choices but here is the link to the bracket.

Definitely some interesting omissions and match-ups. No cars from early sixties?

Not surprising that the P34 is getting kicked based on "best Looking" rather than innovation, but you can't argue with the Eagle as top choice there.

Based on the brackets, anyone care to predict final two?

I agree with Greg's shark nose Ferrari, and the most elegant livery to me has been the Lotus black-and-gold John Player Specials. But I'll go back further for my all-time favorite.

Picture%204_zpstbyhewzz.png

The streamlined W196 Silver Arrow, 1954-55.

"The one-two finish in Reims was repeated five times in 1954/55, with four other victories bringing the team’s record to a total of ten wins in 13 Grand Prix races, plus several second, third and fourth-place finishes. Juan Manuel Fangio clinched the drivers’ title in the World Championship in that year as well as the following one. The return of Mercedes-Benz to Formula One had been a compelling success."

http://www.emercedesbenz.com/autos/mercedes-benz/motorsports/mercedes-benz-history-mercedes-silver-arrows-return-to-formula-one-in-1954/attachment/454182_765565_3597_2297_74298263124/

Edited by sjordan2