Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dodge L-700 with stake body and crane.

Gator, that tank isn't glued yet and the outrigger clears it if it isn't retracted fully, but yes, I think I'll move it back a bit. The crane is assembled. Still needs paint & detailing.

2125231791_Jul1415(4).JPG.d16950934c24c02db1f23f9c194e755b.JPG

75082050_Jul1415(5).JPG.505557456b0fa82a77f7cc6e831047ad.JPG

Edited by landman

Amazing. This forum doesn't work at all now on my Internet Explorer. Had to go into Google Chrome to get it. On the other one I only see part of the stuff.

Anyway, do you think I can swing this? Never did a correct firing order before. At least I have the coils in the right position.

935986643_Jul1715(1).JPG.887633638f70bcfcce909a9de3c142ae.JPG

Added the wires, the rad hoses and the air intake.

947118327_Jul1715(2).JPG.93e0933e23b09c60c08f0d0479464e81.JPG

1566989169_Jul1715(3).JPG.083a7b619cfd383c20d9936483a02a15.JPG

109190703_Jul1715(4).JPG.b5d22638191069d63d6ad50a0f7f2383.JPG

Jul 17 15 (5).JPG

Edited by landman

Pat,

I agree with Ken. This one is looking real good! As for the plug wires. Looks to me like you did a fine job on them.

Be Well               Gator                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            

Thanks guys. Marc, when I set out I had my PE wire looms out to make things orderly. I got so engrossed I never saw them until i had about 75% of them in place. I hope it has nothing to do with age.:rolleyes:

Edited by landman
Spelling

Hi Pat

Somehow I missed this project. Just noticed it this morning. You are doing your usual terrific job of scratch building and kit bashing. I like where you are going with the V-10. Way back when I had a Dodge 2500 with a V-10 and 5 gear. I was a great driving truck. I liked that engine better than my hemis. 

Keep up the great work

Carl

Thanks guys. Marc, when I set out I had my PE wire looms out to make things orderly. I got so engrossed I never saw them until i had about 75% of them in place. I hope it has nothing to do with age.:rolleyes:

Lol, IT might be???? Or you just got so into what you were doing.....................?????? haha What were we talking about??  ;-) My wife says I have selective hearing and memory!!I hear what I want to hear, and remember what I want to remember! What the hey? It works for me.

Be Well

Gator

Pat,

You've got this one looking real good .And you are not far from finishing it out. Fo the exhaust. Do you have enough room on the chassis ,to build a mount for it?I like you alclad work. But if it were up to me I would leave it with the weed burner exhaust.

Be Well

Gator 

Extended the driveshaft to fit the new wheelbase. Intially I was going to have a hanger bearing and two shafts but I elected to go with the sliding spline style. Lazy eh?

IMG_2589.jpg

Cut & rolled the L-700's exhaust pipes to make it go where I want it to go. Shaping the "upturn". Gator, I found that neat stack with an engine I got on eBay and felt the need to use it here. The bracket will be on the frame of the truck against the front of the crane's frame.

IMG_2591.jpg

IMG_2593.jpg

IMG_2594.jpg

IMG_2596.jpg

Edited by landman

Added the stack,THEN made up the bracket. Doing things backward. No choice since I found it a lot easier to take the measurements with the stack in place.

Looks to me like you method worked!  :-)

Be Well

Gator

I held that stack in position what what seemed like a long, long time before it stayed upright without leaning. It was next to impossible to prop it up because of where it is. It is in situations like this that my patience gets really tested.

This is the only place I could find to mount the ECU.

IMG_2621.jpg

IMG_2622.jpg

Set up in my outside office with measurements and photos provided by GrunpoyGrowly and 1930fordpickup and set out to make a set of plans to scratchbuild the deck.

IMG_2623.jpg.18f0b49765d88fff665979b95b2e4dba.jpg

IMG_2624.jpg

Edited by landman

No real update. Haven't worked on the model all weekend, it was the annual Lumberjack Festival. Yesterday started to paint some details on the crane. Noticed the windshield wasn't quite straight and proceeded to break it while removing it. Have to make another one out of acetate. Also succeeded in smudging one of the side windows. So I quit while I was still ahead.

Pat,

Do you ever get the feeling . That sometimes you are just not supposed to work on your models??? Broken windshield, smudged window................ What forces are at work here??? Lol

Hey guy I am sure you will get things squared away in short order.

Be Well

Gator