Model Cars Magazine Forum

Scania R730 8x4 Heavy Haulage Tractor - 1:24

Hi

My new project is Scania R730 8x4 Heavy Haulage Tractor. At first estimation are some parts like from complete MAD Scania, tower and wheels are changed. The engine in this complete is standard for Italeri and is not OK so that I will remake it, I will also remake some resin parts which don't like and this parts I will substitute with polystyren.

General impression is OK, it looks great and I'm glad of this project.

Thank you for this model to Heinz Schwarz and Guido Kehder.

DSC09006_zpswj7d3q1x.jpg

DSC09007_zpsokwfg0ov.jpg

The kits was developed by Heinz Schwartz of the http://www.modelmakershop.com/modelmakershop/ with help from Guido Kehder. Guido is an excellent builder of all kinds of models. Visit his website if your interested. It's in German but on the left you will find models and models in progress.

http://www.die-leitplanke.de

Hessel

Edited by Hessel Hemstra

Well I sent them a e-mail this morning.time will tell. I sure would like to get one of those kits!

Be Well

Gator

I received a reply from Heinz this morning. So I am well on the way to obtaining one of these kits. A big thanks to Heinz for his quick reply!

Be Well

Gator

So the pieces are poorly done?

Ben

Ben,

I do not think it is that the pieces are poorly done.. I just read a detailed post in the Model truck World Forum. Concerning this very issue.

What it boils down to.Is a mistake in the instructions. And now that it has been pointed out. I do not see a problem.

And yes I do have one of these kits enroute to me. I am looking forward to receiving this kit. As I know the box weighs in around 3 kilos. That is a lot of plastic resin and photo etch!

Be Well

Gator

Hi

My answer about error in plan "part no. 7":
I don't say that is this catastrophe of world extensions and I never said that are parts bad made or is the model bad quality.
My opinion is still positive and I assert that is worth to buy this model! This article is very good made!

All parts which I will repair I will repair because of my wish and not because of errors!
With this pictures I want to warn on error in plan that you will not glue "part no.7" on wrong side and with this I don't think anything badly.

Hi

My answer about error in plan "part no. 7":

I don't say that is this catastrophe of world extensions and I never said that are parts bad made or is the model bad quality.

My opinion is still positive and I assert that is worth to buy this model! This article is very good made!

All parts which I will repair I will repair because of my wish and not because of errors!

With this pictures I want to warn on error in plan that you will not glue "part no.7" on wrong side and with this I don't think anything badly.

David,

I for one.Understood completely what you were doing .With the photos and explanation of the error. I have just purchased this kit.And waiting for it to arrive here.

And I am also following your build thread very closely. As you build at a higher level of detail than I do. But one can always learn.

Thanks for your post and this build thread.

Be Well

Gator

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...