Model Cars Magazine Forum

• 3 weeks later...

Early mk1 ford transit with a petrol engine. the diesel had a trout pout grille that came out level with the lights. think they came out in very late 60;s up until mid 70's when the mk2 was released. as a side note it was the most common get away vehicle for bank robberies in the uk due to its car handling and speeds. couldn't say for sure what year it is

• 2 weeks later...

There is no model kit of a 1971 - 1978 long wheel base Ford Transit MK1 (facelift) in 1/25 or 1/24. The only possiblity is to modifiy the short wheel base ESCI Ford Transit Mk2. You have to modify the front facsia , grill, headlight, dashboard, taillights, bumper, double rear wheels, new rear fender flares and stretch body. The main problem of this modification is the front it looks compely different to the Mk1. If you look at the attached picture you can see the differences between the blue Mk1 and the gray Mk 2. The blue one is mine:wub:  and from 1969.

If tried to modify the Esci kit and I failed hopefully you will do it better.

CD2I7045.jpg

That looks like a British Ford van. Nothing I have ever seen in USA. Sorry that I can't be more helpful.

But since 2015 you'll can see the new Ford Transit as a replacement of the Econoline or E-Series  in the States or Canada. The poor thing about is there will no V8 or V10 in a Transit. The engine bay is to small. But you'll get in the States a Transit (see picture below) with a twin-turbocharged 3.5l V6 with 310HP and 600Nm torque low roof short wheelbase. We here in Europe will only get diesel engines :(. During this test drive on Ford Lommel Proving Ground I only saw the bends or corners through the side window:rolleyes:. It was amazing:D:D. Check out this video of this Ford Transit at Nürburgring

Lommel Proving Ground 50.JPG

Edited by carsntrucks4you

Those new Ford Transits are sure ugly looking beasts.  Yuck!  The Mercedes Sprinter vans from early 2000s looked much more pleasing to the eye but even the contemporary versions of those look ugly to me.

Nothing is uglier than the recent Fiat / Dodge vans!   There is no way I'd want those representing my company!

Those new Ford Transits are sure ugly looking beasts.  Yuck!  The Mercedes Sprinter vans from early 2000s looked much more pleasing to the eye but even the contemporary versions of those look ugly to me.

Nothing is uglier than the recent Fiat / Dodge vans!   There is no way I'd want those representing my company!

Oh yeah, I try not to even think about those!  The nose (grille, headlights, etc.) look like it was made from spare parts from other vehicles.