Model Cars Magazine Forum

Several Simulaneous Moebius Ford F-100 Projects... because I have the attention span of a four-year-old who just washed down a bag of gummy bears with a gallon of Mountain Dew

Just picked up on this thread. I like what I see so far, some nice looking takes on this truck. I have the '69 on the shelf that I am going to use to replicate my father-in-laws old work truck. I have to keep myself to one project at a time, I'm too easily confused. They make meds for what you have, but I don't recommend them for you cause it seems to work for you.

Interior on the Cummins powered truck is pretty much done. I had to modify the trans hump, and I nabbed some buckets from a Lexus LS 400.

I also went with some distressed door graphics for the '71 beater- the "Ned and Ted's TV Repair" decals from the Revell '56 F-100.

How did you do the e3cals on the '71 beater, I'm trying to do the same with one I'm working on right now and I can't get the results I want. What you did is what I'm looking for. Here is mine so you can see what I mean.

20150816_232459.jpg

Edited by uncle potts

The decals were kind of a fluke. The adhesive underneath them clouded. I've had that happen before with mid '90's Revell-o-gram decals, but this time they didn't clear up after a couple of days like they usually do. If anything, the clouding got worse. I was pulling them off with masking tape when I thought "why not leave some of the graphic in place". So basically, that's how the distressed door graphics on this one happened.

The decals were kind of a fluke. The adhesive underneath them clouded. I've had that happen before with mid '90's Revell-o-gram decals, but this time they didn't clear up after a couple of days like they usually do. If anything, the clouding got worse. I was pulling them off with masking tape when I thought "why not leave some of the graphic in place". So basically, that's how the distressed door graphics on this one happened.

took some lemons & made lemonade!! good save Chuck

I may have to to try that with some extra decals on a scrap body and see if it works. Your fail may be my answer, thanks.

Love it! Love it! Love it! Really nice work going on with these Chuck! Man these Moebius F-100's seem to be the hot ticket. I'll be in Austin in a little over a month and a half and I'll probably snag one of these bad boys. I've always liked the way these trucks look.

Edited by mustang1989