Model Cars Magazine Forum

Super Stocker Mustang Trans-Kit

afx

Thanks Rex and Ralph for remembering this thread.  I did talk with a resin caster that offers a catalog of products this project would fit in with.  They were interested but indicated that they would have to modify my master which I was unwilling to do.  If I get the time and motivation I may create another body which I could then offer to the caster and they could cast it in the manner they wish.

DSCN3376

Edited by afx

On 7/17/2015 at 8:00 AM, vamach1 said:

Hey JC -  I've got a spare body if you want to modify it.  I'm missing some pieces so a nice resin kit would be awesome.

StockerMustang 001.jpg

StockerMustang 002.jpg

If JC or anyone else hasn't made an offer Rex. ..I would like to trade you out of that Mustang body & instruction sheet....I already have the decal sheet to do the Trickle Aw # 99 Mustang

On 11/21/2019 at 8:13 AM, Khils said:

If JC or anyone else hasn't made an offer Rex. ..I would like to trade you out of that Mustang body & instruction sheet....I already have the decal sheet to do the Trickle Aw # 99 Mustang

Hmm.  I'll have to think about that.  Here's what I have altogether.  It was built before and someone took the body apart.  I think the only thing missing is the rear valance.  I scrougened extra parts if needed from the Petty Dart kit.  I did not pay much for it but this is one I only see them unbuilt on auction sites for stupid money so I snapped up this gluebomb.

IMG_6312.JPG

Edited by vamach1

vamach1 .... are you thinking about selling the Mustang kit?  I understand the shape that it's in....my family raced a mustang (similar body) and id love to get ahold of the kit....BUT!!!  I don't want to step on anyone's toes....if you've already made a deal, then I fully understand!!

6 hours ago, Mikey56 said:

vamach1 .... are you thinking about selling the Mustang kit?  I understand the shape that it's in....my family raced a mustang (similar body) and id love to get ahold of the kit....BUT!!!  I don't want to step on anyone's toes....if you've already made a deal, then I fully understand!!

Since it's pretty rare I think I'm going to figure out if would be that hard to replicate with a chassis that fits and another body like JC.  Maybe he will find a caster as his body (69) seems to be the more popular one (vs the 70) and more accurate than the kit by blocking out the taillight panel, having the side scoops and filling in the exhaust cutout on the right side.  Even the kit hood scoop looks too large compared to photos.  I guess I'm not doing a very good job of "selling: the kit. ?