Model Cars Magazine Forum

POLICE JET BALL #25! Seaquest & Robot Kitbash is Finished!

POLICE JET BALL #25!

I have been wanting to build a Ball Shaped Vehicle for awhile. This one was inspired by the ones in "The Guardian's of the Galaxy " Movie.
I started this project for the Hobby EXPO 2015. The Theme was Heroes & Superheros, so I decided to make a Ball Shaped Jet for the Police Department and I want Rocket Raccoon to drive it.
The "Rocket" and "Groot" Action Figures are from the Guardians of the Galaxy Movie. This is a kitbash using parts from the Monogram SeaQuest-Deep Ocean Transport and 2 Japanese Robots. This should be Fun!

DSCN0017B_zps77gle7l1.jpg

Here is the Ball Body from the SeaQuest Kit.

DSCN9944B_zpsyag5jo4y.jpg

I started by removing the Light Bar. The I filed and Sanded the bottom of the Ball round.

DSCN9949B_zpsbmzj14br.jpg

More Coming... B)

Edited by Ira

Robot Power!

I decided to cut the bottom off of the Ball Body and replace it with the bottom from a Pegasus Alpha Centauri UFO Kit.

DSCN9958B_zpsqofshrgp.jpg

I am using the Body Sections from 2 Japanese Robots for the Jet Engines for the Police Jet Ball. Here are the parts. These kits came with 2 Robots in each Kit!

DSCN9963B_zpsmsadff7l.jpg

Next I glued the Sections together leaving the inside halves unglued.

DSCN9969B_zpscchzyzno.jpg

More Coming... B)

Edited by Ira

We Have Jets!

I started grinding away the outside Jet Sections to fit the side of the Ball Body.

DSCN9975B_zpskz0zjg9m.jpg

After some more Grinding and Fitting I got the Jets to fit pretty good so I glued them in place. Next I cut down the inside halves of the Jets and glued them in place.

DSCN9986B_zpsctqgbcxz.jpg

Front View.

DSCN9994B_zpsgtdrqjuh.jpg

Rear View.

DSCN9995B_zps8mxoovon.jpg

More Coming... B)

Ira ,I have met you at the santa rosa i hobby show a few years ago. I was able to meet the master.I was the head judge and wanted you to judge but you had to pick up your wife. The creations that you do are so out there..this makes them cool.The more the better and your builds are the coolest!I follow all your builds and will follow forever.Hope to see you at the next show. Sincerly.Bruce PS Cannot wait to see what is next

Filling the Gaps!

I used "Apoxie Sculpt" on the Police Ball. It is an thick epoxy type filler that fills large gaps without melting the plastic. You can shape & smooth it until it starts drying, so you can smooth out the gaps and holes.

DSCN0032B_zps6zeki9cj.jpg

After a little sanding the seems start to blend in.

DSCN0044M_zpsqm62i5s0.jpg

Rear View.

DSCN0041M_zpsepbbi66m.jpg

More Coming... B)

Controls!

Here are the Controls & Instruments from the Deep Ocean Transport.

DSCN0020B_zpscxiyxgu3.jpg

I cut out the Joysticks & Screen with a razor saw. They will be replaced by a Hologram Instruments & Joysticks on the arm rests.

DSCN0022B_zpsz3n0zal7.jpg

More Coming... B)