Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ferrari 250 GTO by Fujimi

Vric

Very nice build of this one!

I have a 250 GTO on the bench for this year's Cannonball Run build that was a junker and I believe a Monogram kit. I can see some differences in the engine compartment that help confirm this. It's not easy "ratting" this car up to look like a sleeper .. I SO want to grind rust holes in it!

Remember the original has an aluminium body, so rust holes would not exist here...

Very nice build of this one!

I have a 250 GTO on the bench for this year's Cannonball Run build that was a junker and I believe a Monogram kit. I can see some differences in the engine compartment that help confirm this. It's not easy "ratting" this car up to look like a sleeper .. I SO want to grind rust holes in it!

Remember the original has an aluminum body, so rust holes would not exist here...

That aluminum has been what's giving me troubles making it a ratty looking car that the Cannonball build requires for this. I might try some corroded aluminum but I haven't seen anyone that has done this well. It's painted in red primer but that isn't enough. Maybe some very fine sand sprinkled on wet aluminum paint with some dry brushing with flat white will give a corroded aluminum look in a few spots.

This is the link to the On The Workbench post for the Cannonball Ferarri if you're interested.

Edited by Foxer

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...