Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 FORD F-100 , old stock truck , worked hard ,

...but I sure hope someone in the aftermarket offers a corrected grille soon...Those huge headlight doors really bug me.

I will be watching for a resin replacement too. If not, I'm wondering if slightly bigger headlight lenses would improve the OOB look? Revell's '32 3 window's bigger headlights might do the trick.

Blair, I really like your shop trucks!

I will be watching for a resin replacement too. If not, I'm wondering if slightly bigger headlight lenses would improve the OOB look? Revell's '32 3 window's bigger headlights might do the trick.

Blair, I really like your shop trucks!

I tried that....nope makes it even more "cartoon" like to my eye.

I haven't seen the 71 in person, but maybe the black headlight surrounds might help?

I'm still amazed no one noticed the mistake before putting it into production....

Edited by mike 51

but I sure hope someone in the aftermarket offers a corrected grille soon...Those huge headlight doors really bug me.

I am sure if you created a master for a correct grille, someone would cast it for the masses. I recall Chuck Most doing one for the AMT Ford pickups and it was picked up by a caster.

Looking good Blair!

And, since it was mentioned, I've heard of plans for one of the casters to do a corrected grille for these. I'll not be involved, but when/if it happens you'd best believe I'll spread the word. B)

Please do Chuck.

I don,t see any thing wrong with the grill .after it is built it looks fine to me but I am not a bean counter so if it is off I cant tell ,

The grille is supposed to be 4 equal sections on the 69..but they aren't.so the headlight doors look cartoonishly large.

I wish I could ignore them but I can't.

These trucks are still very common where I live..we see 'em everyday.

Hopefully the aftermarket will fix what Moebius couldn't/wouldn't.

See the 1-1 reference shots in the truck reference thread. The mistake is plain as day...

Edited by mike 51