Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell discontinued Del Rio wagon.

So, you think Revell would just chuck all the tooling into the wastebasket over some missing bumper guards and a dozen people here pointing that out? Somehow that doesn't sound right.

Meanwhile, the Blue Bandito still seems present and accounted for.

jb

Edited by jbwelda

Tower now says "limited supply" maybe (even with the comments about the missing guards) it's nearly a sell-out?

Of course after all the "whining" about the chopped Mustang look what happened....they issued a 2nd version! (apparently still "chopped")

Try not worry (or to blame) folks....

Like Abe Lincoln said......'don't believe everything you read on the internet' .....now it seems he should have added LHS too...

My buddy who is a wholesaler said he sold out in minutes when he thought he had ordered a 2 month supply. It is proving to be more popular than Revell thought. Rumors of the death of plastic models is just rumors....

Edited by Dave Van

Several online vendors that I know both here in the States as well as in Japan will automatically list a kit as "Discontinued" if they can't get more kits from the supplier. Sounds like the run sold out, which can't be a bad thing at all regardless to your opinions of the bumper, fenders or any other part of that kit.

Sell outs = Money

Money = MOOOOOAAAAR models

Nobody remembers the '70 Hemi Cuda being "Discontinued" for a couple of days a few years back when that run sold entirely out to the point they actually had to make more in China when they ran the tooling again for the new Sox & Martin Cuda?

Lol sorry. I was just going by what my LHS said.....maybe he was fed a load of BS also.....? And the part about the bumper guards was tongue in cheek. Ha ha. Mis communications are a pain. But manufacturers have done stranger things.....I thought it might have been a licensing issue. With the way thing are with that.

Lol sorry. I was just going by what my LHS said.....maybe he was fed a load of BS also.....? And the part about the bumper guards was tongue in cheek. Ha ha. Mis communications are a pain. But manufacturers have done stranger things.....I thought it might have been a licensing issue. With the way thing are with that.

My buddy who is a wholesaler said he sold out in minutes when he thought he had ordered a 2 month supply. It is proving to be more popular than Revell thought. Rumors of the death of plastic models is just rumors....

...Sounds like the run sold out, which can't be a bad thing at all regardless to your opinions of the bumper, fenders or any other part of that kit.

Sell outs = Money

Money = MOOOOOAAAAR models...

That would be the best encouragement for Revell to tool up some more longroofs. Wouldn't it be sweet if they decided to cook up another variation of their tri-five Chevy tooling with a 150 Handyman wagon? I can picture one of those being a nice seller, too...

...Sounds like the run sold out, which can't be a bad thing at all regardless to your opinions of the bumper, fenders or any other part of that kit.

Sell outs = Money

Money = MOOOOOAAAAR models...

That would be the best encouragement for Revell to tool up some more longroofs. Wouldn't it be sweet if they decided to cook up another variation of their tri-five Chevy tooling with a 150 Handyman wagon? I can picture one of those being a nice seller, too...