Model Cars Magazine Forum

That's a 1948 Healey Westland Roadster.

Can you tell us more? Interesting looking car. A Healey I've never heard of. I noticed the car in the photo is right hand drive. Yet with all the other cars surrounding it and the style of license plates. I'm assuming the photo was taken here in the United States? I've never heard of a Healey Westland before.

Scott

Good link. It explains a lot. It also makes me wonder if the car pictured above is the one Healy and his son drove themselves to Califironia. Looking at the background in that photo, I'd guess it was taken somewhere in Southern California.

Healy built some nice cars over the years. My favorite maybe the '52 and '53 Nash-Healy roadsters with the Pinin Farina designed body. The '53 Nash-Healy LeMans coupe was also very nice.

Scott

I always liked the Austin-Healey Sprite (Bug Eye). Great little cars.

I did some voluntary work at a classic car garage here in town, and they had an original Triumph TR4 factory racer that they serviced. Everything looked as if it just left the factory yesterday, and the best part is that it's driven on Spa Francorchamps and the Nurburgring quite frequently. I had a picture of it on my old phone, forgot to back up all my data and next thing you know, the screen popped while laying it down on the car seat... bummer.