Model Cars Magazine Forum

How many kits do you have in your stash?

Well, like others, I have been told I have too many. Earlier this year I went to a show and brought the wife along and we sold off somewhere around 50 models. I still have about 50 I plan to sell and that would leave me about 100 still to build. If I could just get time at the bench, I would be able to finish about 25 WIPs and it would make a huge difference in my desire to build more!

I had to move two years ago after living in the same house for 20 years. I got boxes that would hold 12 standard kit boxes. I stopped counting at 100 boxes.

I guess it's too many as I don't have any place to put them (more shevling is needed).

Carmak

In the mid 90's I decided to count my kits and inventory them. My wife helped me by documenting the kits on paper. I found out at that time that I had over 500 kits. That is a lot for some guys and not very many at all according to others. I felt that it is a lot and I could never finish building them all in my lifetime. However, this did not deter my kit purchasing what so ever. It did however curtail my counting of said kits.

I do not know how many kits are in my stash. I do not want to know ( it might scare me). I do know this: I can buy model kits a whole lot faster than I can build them.