Model Cars Magazine Forum

1956 Chrysler 300B (*** Finished 22 Nov 15 ***)

taaron76

• 4 weeks later...

It's been a while... Crazy busy around here lately.

A couple of pics of the '56 Chrysler with BMF and my wheel options. I haven't decided and this is just a quick mockup, but I like the white walls so far. The BMF on this one wasn't very fun and I'm glad that portion is finished. For some reason I had a hard time finding the grooves for the blade to follow.

Tim

BMF1.jpg

BMF2.jpg

BMF3.jpg

I really dislike all of these modern "hoop" wheels, but with the color you've chosen, they would probably be the likely choice.

To me it looks a little odd with the wires with the color.

To my eye, it would almost look better with an open steel wheel if you want to use the white walls, possibly painted in a contrasting color.

Either that, or possibly a simple set of chrome reverse wheels with moon caps.

But don't put too much emphasis on my suggestions Tim. I don't have much of an eye for custom cars.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Just wondering if it's possible to paint two complete model car bodies with the pre thinned 1 oz  jars of Gravity paint?

I think you could, just depending how big the models are.  I can't remember how much I have left over on this one, but it might be a little less than half.

Tim