Model Cars Magazine Forum

Guitars are my main hobby/passion. 

DSC_3883_zpsiqheucug.jpg

I've been playing since junior high in the late 80s. Had bands throughout high school and a few years after, had regional success too, opening for some of the old school thrash bands that came through the area. Bands like Atrophy, Sacred Reich, Wrathchild America. But tastes change, and into the mid/late-90s I had a new band that was a little more alternative (of course) than metal. I still jam with the guys from high school every now and then. My fingers aren;t as fast, but we can still knock out the old songs. Play the odd show here or there. The music I write now is definitely still metal, but there are some ambient and industrial influences in there now. And I tend to write a lot of mellower rock as well; kind of like Placebo.

Anyway, besides playing, I also rebuild and hot rod guitars. I like finding wrecks on Ebay or Kijiji, then gutting them, stripping them, and rebuilding them. The surf green Fender Strat and the French Racing Blue Kramer in the above pic are two of my rebuilds. I've recently redone an Ibanez RG7321 for a friend (added carbon fibre wrap, reshaped neck, glow in the dark bits and pieces) and did a Fender Tele for a friend in the country music scene. 

My big loves though are BC Rich. I'm up to 8 of them now, mainly older models from the late 80s/early 90s. I also have three of those crazy Roland G707 synth guitars. Always loved the shape, and you would be shoked at how nice these are to play, and how great the tone is.

My go-to guitar though, is hands down my Carvin DC800. Playing an 8-string opened up a huge world of opportunity. So much more range. Crazy comfortable.

Edited by iamsuperdan
pics

• 1 year later...