Model Cars Magazine Forum

One of the benefits of this forum...

Harry P.

The other day, forum member Greg Wann PM'd me and asked for my home address... he said he had a surprise to send me.

Well, to be honest, I don't know Greg, never have had any communication with him via PM before, so I was curious about this "surprise" he wanted to send me. It turns out that what he sent me was a fairly large roll of some very fine stainless steel mesh... perfect for grille mesh on the types of models I usually build.

Greg sent me this completely unsolicited, just out of the blue, because he figured I could use it. So a big thank you to Greg for being so thoughtful.

Yeah, we have a few troublemakers here who stir the pot from time to time and keep me busy cleaning up messes... but we also have members like Greg... a lot of them. Guys like Greg Wann are what make this place worth hanging out at. B)

That was very nice and thoughtful of Greg, and it doesn't surprise me. Some may know that he is a resin caster and he mentioned that he cast a '67 Camaro convertible body. I inquired and he sent me a body, and a few extra pieces to go with it, totally unsolicited.

Yep, we have a lot of good guys here, many of them remain anonymous, and they make up for the clowns that can drive ya nuts.

Yes, I know about his resin stuff. In fact, he was even going to send me a resin body, too! But when he asked me if I ever build 1/25, I said no... but geez, the guy was going to send me the stainless mesh and a resin body!

I wonder where he got it. I've been looking for something exactly like that, with no success at all.

Send him a PM and ask. B)

Greg Wann, The MasterCaster, is indeed a class act and a unique human being. He's a very humble and generous individual, besides being a very talented resin caster.

If you've never tried one of his resin bodies or conversion kits, you owe yourself the favor of an enjoyable resin-experience!

...but yes, there are a few annoying characters too. It's next to impossible to weed out the jerks completely, I'm sad to say.

Yup. Because, like weeds, you pull one out and a new one pops up somewhere else. It's an endless battle.