Model Cars Magazine Forum

My shot at the moebious truck

Nice kit but it moebious is pulling a fast one

447EF5D8-F8A9-49F8-B138-16935C5951F1_zps

The bottom of the doors/bed and cab have trim added and is not like the truck in the pic.(the ranger has this trim) But the kit does have the trim. It would take a lot of work to make the kit look like the box art. Which is correct. The kit or the box art.

3ACC32A6-2835-465A-865E-EA9931DCC28D_zps

Another issue i came across is was the engine was crooked when using the location holes provided. It may have been something i did. I just deleted the one on the tranny and filled the hole with ca glue.

And just unexplainable is the floating alternator. It is 2015. Kits should not be allowed that have floating alternators

Where are the hood hinges? Decals for the battery/oil filter/shocks?

I was a little let down that they missed the small things that should be supplied in a kit.

But the kit falls together. That part is very awesome. I only have the glass to go. Lets hope it falls in line as well.

Now that im finished kit bashing, haha, i made a funny, lets build!!!!!!

A1BFA221-1FB3-4DE2-AF50-CEA4DA47E890_zps

26C55D79-78EE-4740-8623-D05313C5EC6E_zps

927D773E-08D3-4182-BE40-249786BB860E_zps

C5B14A66-94F2-4371-8B61-A3B6C187235F_zps

B3E6F5A8-CF97-42DF-99DE-8EBFEAB4D8AF_zps

Edited by lanesteele240

B3FC7B30-B7F2-46E7-AB6D-84B4EF95A591_zps

46AB0E6A-AFF9-423E-AD8D-A83018DA0538_zps

7990352E-F3F3-4F8F-984B-60F12188F020_zps

8E959598-9732-493A-B0BB-8452E1ECF480_zps

I have to blend in the middel bottom of the truck to make it look even. Just a little light dust should do it.

The outside rust is sophisticated finishes rust system that was air brushed on. The first pics were taken monday. The last pics were taken tue night 24 hrs later. It looks more like rust every hr. I just use water to thin down the grey paint with the iron in it. You will have to fuss with it. It will clogg your gun a zillion times. I then spray the activator over what was painted. Use a resperator when spraying the activator. That stuff will take your breath and not give it back

Edited by lanesteele240

Nice start Gary, how'd you get the interior so grimy looking?

Hey mike. I painted everything in the whole cab the same blue. Then i just dusted the seats with grimmy black weathering dust to pick out the ridges in the seat covers. Then i toned it down by lightly airbrushing some blue back over it. I then dull coated it. The floor was painted black and i kept adding layer after layer of dusts that are diffrent browns. I used some brown paint dry brush on some rust on the dash and added layer after layer of dust and dull coat till it looked dirty.

Hey mike. I painted everything in the whole cab the same blue. Then i just dusted the seats with grimmy black weathering dust to pick out the ridges in the seat covers. Then i toned it down by lightly airbrushing some blue back over it. I then dull coated it. The floor was painted black and i kept adding layer after layer of dusts that are diffrent browns. I used some brown paint dry brush on some rust on the dash and added layer after layer of dust and dull coat till it looked dirty.

Looking pretty grimy and yet real!

• 6 months later...

It is too bad they didn't include some of the finer details as you mentioned Gary. I do want to get one of these and build it up. My plan is to make it a little more shiny then yours though. :)

I do like the weathered look you have given it though.

Nice job!

Rob

• 3 weeks later...