Model Cars Magazine Forum

Disappointed

yep I agree.

the unfortunate thing is that right now that symbol is a sensitive and provocative thing. any post containing or referencing it will be seen as a challenge. best to give it a rest. couple months pass, no one will much care.

jb

I think it had more to do with what was being said than it being a General Lee, so you can thank the people on this forum that got your thread locked, that is my guess reading what Harry posted when he locked thread.

Its still sad that a model could not appreciated without turning into a whee wheeing match.

Edited by martinfan5

Pretty disappointed that I can't post my General Lee build without the topic being locked.

What is wrong with this country!

It's not only this country, it's going on over here too.

The "political correctness" tends to be more and more silly for every day.

Edited by Force

James, that doesn't change my opinion that it's a fantastic model, beautifully detailed and weathered.

It's a shame that individual posts can't be deleted instead of shutting the whole thread down - but I guess that would be a LOT of work.

yep I agree.

the unfortunate thing is that right now that symbol is a sensitive and provocative thing. any post containing or referencing it will be seen as a challenge. best to give it a rest. couple months pass, no one will much care.

jb

part of it it is the bs you, mike51 and erik88 pulled on there.

Pretty disappointed that I can't post my General Lee build without the topic being locked.

What is wrong with this country!

It's not the countrt, it's a group of people who are refusing to live in the now. Remember the past, this 2015, move on.

You have a great lookin build, I hope they don't delete the pos5.

Good looking build, but as has been said already above, it wasn't the marking on the roof that got the topic locked.

It was the self-righteous PC politicizing and childish comments of some of your fellow modelers that prompted it.

Exactly so.

BTW, I didn't get around to seeing the model until after the thread was locked. It was an outstanding model and didn't deserve any of the PC BS nonsense that slimed onto it.

Sorry I predicted your thread's ending, but I could see as bright as daylight where it was headed. I would have banned the greatest offenders, but that's just me.

Great work, don't let the political snottiness of others ruin your achievement.

James I am sorry to see it get locked,just a flat out shame because all you did was a simple post of a OUTSTANDING model......just isn't right.....why not just delete the stupid comments and leave the rest so and so others who appreciate the work and effort on this model can comment and praise........