Model Cars Magazine Forum

New look

Roadrunner

Does the quotes and signatures go away with the new format ?  I do like the new look...

As you can see, the quote feature is still here.

It's harder now to see what you've already read.

So far I don't like the new look as much as the old, BUT I will say that the change is not as awful as others I've endured elsewhere. I suppose we'll all survive it.

We have 2 threads going on this topic, but Anthony I asked the same question on the other thread. I didn't have a long list but it will take awhile to find then again. I find this update greyish. Not as clean and crisp as the old one.

I like how the ignored user function works. But, I don't like what happened with the avatars. So, I got rid of mine. There was barely anything left of it.

I'm not liking the round avatars either- I didn't design my avatar to be round.

I'm also seeing lots of little rectangular boxes with little characters in them and have no idea what they are.

I like how the ignored user function works. But, I don't like what happened with the avatars. So, I got rid of mine. There was barely anything left of it.

I had the same problem tried to upload images from my iPhone 6 and was unable to do so kept telling me image was too large I even cropped the heck out them will try on the lap top some time.  Good luck to you 

Edited by XJ6
Word error

I don't like how the quote function works. You can't tell which part is quoted and which part is a reply. I couldn't tell if Harry had quoted someone or if those were his words. I can see it be quite confusing at times. I also had to go back and turn my notifications off. I think I did anyway. I see the signatures are back.

Edited by plowboy

I'm on an iPad and as I was reading this topic, a line popped up along the bottom telling me someone replied to this topic just now, so you get real time updates in threads. 

I don't like the round avatars though. Otherwise seems nice, works good on my desktop and iPad 

Change is not always good, especially for us old guys!:lol: But, I am happy to have the quote function back, and the rest will fall into place. The only thing I see,or hardly see, is the lines that separate the posts. Also, why a circle around our avatars?

Cheers,

Lance

Like anything new, it will take time to get used to it.  Gregg said it's "Moving on up"...  Obviously he felt there was a need to upgrade even if most of us don't know or understand why.  We'll be used to it in no time since most of us are on here so often.