Model Cars Magazine Forum

New look

Roadrunner

Okay.

Let's use this thread for the new look.

So far, we have:

1. Round Avatars

2. Make posts stand out from the next one.

3. Work on search feature.

4. Will check on image sizes.

5. If you're going to make smartarse comments, I will either ban or delete your account.

Let me know if other things to add.

I also playing around with the ad placements.

The new one gives more options.

Yes, they are necessary.

They pay for the forum/server/hosting, which is now more than most of y'alls monthly hobby allowance, and then some!!!!

Rich, don't know about that

Haven't even touched members (wait, that sounds real real real bad.)

I'll look.

Chris, Haven't seen messages yet either. 

It's a huge work in progress. 

Hugh, is it gooder with 100% (the way right now) or at 95%, way it was five minutes ago?

mahalo

Hugh, is it gooder with 100% (the way right now) or at 95%, way it was five minutes ago

Honestly, I can't really tell. It seems like everything is smaller, but that could be just an impression. I walked away for a little while, and it's hard to remember exactly what it  looked like before.

Gregg, is it going to be permanently necessary to have to Log In every time we come back into the Forum??

Rich, is it still happening?

May have to reset that thingee (not cookie, but something like that)

Chat room question.

I don't really use chat much anywhere, but just wanted to see what it looked like here.

got the following message.

"

Sorry, there is a problem

The chat room limit has been reached. You will not be able to join the chat room until some users first leave.

Error code: 1H269/B"

So what is the chat room size? and how do you turn off the stupid B I and U functions now and go back to single spaced lines?

Thanks,

Russ

I thought to post some info on why MCM probably had to go down this route of change.

I don't think they did it for changes sake but because of Google, who basically dictates search.

Google, earlier this year released some new page rankinig metrics, basically how easily a site can be found, or in reality IF it can be found.  They always release new metrics but this year was a real doozy!

If you are not mobile friendly, ie; resposive, you will drop in rank and in fact may not exsist as most ppl don't venture past the 3rd search page.

So to ppl who have not had the privilegde in discovering MCM on line, may no longer be able to.  That is util MCM redid the site.

Granted most of the internet is dark, not searchable and private meaning you gotta know the site URL to get to it.  But still, to most normal sites and I'm sure MCM has an income stream from this site as I see ads, its crucial to abide by the latest best practices.

Edited by aurfalien