Model Cars Magazine Forum

New look

Roadrunner

Gregg, is it going to be permanently necessary to have to Log In every time we come back into the Forum??

Rich, is it still happening?

May have to reset that thingee (not cookie, but something like that)

I was logged in this morning when I fired up the pooter again.

Some pictures are wonky, though--that half-painted "green screen" look. Had it on a couple last night, but was able to see others fine. Today it's doing it to pictures I saw fine last night (specifically, the ones on page 1 of this thread).

Edited by Snake45

I'm liking the NEW and IMPROVED MCM Forum.  Thanks Gregg and Dave.

All Gregg on this one.

wait, we have a chat room?

Yes, we do.

Please, please, please, keep it civil. We had problems with people getting into flamewars on the last one. If you find yourself getting angry, just leave. I will be keeping an eye on it, and will ban recalcitrant people from the chat room.

I'm not seeing a preview option. In all my posts I preview before submitting so if something doesn't look right I'm not adding apologetic follow up posts explaining what didn't happen. That's kind of a biggie to me.

MagnumConcept.jpg

Edited by Lunajammer

I am missing the ability to go to the last unread post in any topic.  I hope this feature will be available when things get sorted out. 

We still have that. Just click on the last "time" on that thread, over at the right.

Back to pictures: Earlier this morning I couldn't see the '58 Chevy above at all. Now I am seeing about 90% of the top picture, and none of the bottom one. Last night I saw them both fine (back on page 1 of this thread).

I'm not seeing a preview option. In all my posts I preview before submitting so if something doesn't look right I'm not adding apologetic follow up posts explaining what didn't happen. That's kind of a biggie to me.

Yeah, I miss the preview option. :( It would also be nice to know who is in the chat room before entering it.

I second this, in fact I started a separate thread to Gregg's attention about it, not knowing this was the 'central pipeline', Apparently Dave and Gregg are monitoring here.

I thought this was a responsive site now, which means it adjusts for whatever system you are on.

As for topics not read, it shows up in the far right "More" 

Preview works if you hover over the topic/thread

just play around with a bit, it's pretty neat

Everyone is complaining that we need to get more young ones in the hobby

We can't do that without some changes

Having to adjust to things is just a way of life.

Yes, some are going to hate it, I can't do anything about that.

You don't have to make snide comments, hide posts in other threads, and just be an okole about it

just play around with a bit, it's pretty neat

The only thing I get from hovering is "insert paragraph here" and that's above and below the text I quoted. I'm using the Firefox browser ATM. Maybe I'll try it on IE. For whatever reason, Photobucket doesn't want to cooperate with the Firefox browser anymore. So, I have to use IE on it. So far, I like it better. It may need a tweak or two here and there.

Just tried the site with IE and it was awful! It doesn't even look like a forum through IE! That could explain some people being bent out of shape. 

Edited by plowboy

Yes, I LOVE that mouse-over-topic feature, saves a lot of time, a positive change. However that's not what I'm referring to...

When I make a post and add photos I like to see what the entry will look like and be sure all my linked Photobucket photos show up correctly before I hit "submit." On the old system we could click on "options" that allowed us to preview our entry before submitting. If someone can confirm that's still there then I'll see if my Safari is hiding it from me.

Edited by Lunajammer

I use both an iPad and an iMac desktop. With the new format, I had to sign in individually on both of them. 

Now, the forum works only with my iPad but not my desktop, where I have no access for entering or posting anything. I assume this is somehow related to different IP addresses. 

Well, not to be support but I've had no issues on Nexus pad/phone, various iPad/iPhone, various Macs, Linux.

Just ensure your browsers are up to date.

Although personally stay away from Firefox v39 and keep at 38 but thats just me.

Other then that the site simply works.

Do the norm, clear your browser cache etc...

A little link to help you do this with various browsers;

http://www.bnl.gov/itd/webapps/browsercache.asp