Model Cars Magazine Forum

Noticed something-number of Irked today vs. pleased today posts

I realise that the irked thread is a year older than the pleased thread, roughly 2 years to 1 year.

Yet there are 4 times the number of irked posts.

Now, I have not read them, so the gross numbers may not be an accurate measurement. You would hope that there would be more pleased posts.  But maybe that is why we have so many threads that go bad. There are just more irked people than please people?

Just a thought. Yes, I am not well. :wacko:

Thoughts?

Russ

That was exactly the intention of the "What pleased you..." Topic. 

A place to offer positive thoughts and encouragement for all who would rather not focus on the negative. We all have situations that irk us, but I'd rather get past those as quickly as possible.  

But most Sheeple would rather complain than do something about it!

...But most Sheeple would rather complain than do something about it!

Sheeple don't really realize there's anything large wrong in the world anyway; as long as they have their bread and circuses, they're content.

But you're right... people, in general, would rather rag about things than get sweaty and change them.

And in today's "new improved" world, it's much more automatic to be peeved because of some minor inconvenience or perceived slight than it is to actively look for something to be grateful for.

Just average humans being average humans.;)

It's human nature.  People who are 'irked,' 'annoyed,' or any higher degree of 'angry' tend to ventilate it more.  People who are 'happy' or 'pleased' just don't advertise it as much.  Nothing to complain about.  Complainers are always louder and more noticeable than happy people.  

Not to mention the pleased thread was started later than the irked one.

I did make that comment in my original post. 2 years vs almost 1 year. Yet a 4 to 1 ratio.

the whole point of my original post was just to point out something kind of funny, at least to me. Well, funny and sad at the same time. I don't see what I posted as complaining. Just pointing out a somewhat amusing fact.

Russ

Edited by russosborne

Every once in awhile I'll open the "What irked me" thread and I'll just have a good laugh, It's pretty much turned into place for old guys to whine about trivial things. It's the equivalent to Facebook but minus the Ray Ban ads and "some" politics. :lol:

Road Bliss?  Miles and miles of this with nary a cop in sight!

y_Autumn_Road_Forest_2560x1920-vi.jpg

.....And a nice MGB under your seat.

I prefer my TR4 but an MGB will do in a pinch.   ;)

Every once in awhile I'll open the "What irked me" thread and I'll just have a good laugh, It's pretty much turned into place for old guys to whine about trivial things. It's the equivalent to Facebook but minus the Ray Ban ads and "some" politics. :lol:

someday, you will whine about trivial things...

I may not be alive to see it, but I could put money on it.

You started a thread to complain that there were too many complaints in the complaint thread? 

i see what you did there

hey! you ever run out of metamucill on a sunday and the stores are closed? it's no laughing matter, buck-o.

You started a thread to complain that there were too many complaints in the complaint thread? 

:lol::lol:

Many people with your attitude toward "older" people never live long enough to become one.

Every once in awhile I'll open the "What irked me" thread... It's pretty much turned into place for old guys to whine about trivial things...:lol:

Hey Austin, lighten up on the old guys. For some of us, the only emotional outlet of any kind left to us is bidging about nothing.;)

Glad to see that my opinion has now become "A trivial thing".

:lol::lol:

Many people with your attitude toward "older" people never live long enough to become one.

Yup,forever young at heart! I see no reason to turn into someone who get's their undies in a bunch over a funny comment.:P