Model Cars Magazine Forum

Eldon dragstrip scale? Had working Christmas Tree.

russosborne

I got the Eldon dragstrip with 2 front engine dragsters Christmas of 1968 I  believe. Trying to remember what scale it was. I was only 9 so things like scale didn't mean a thing to me then. I do remember that the cars could pop wheelies. :D

Thanks,

Russ

• 1 month later...

Hey, Russ,

You want to see where slot car drag racing has gotten to?  There's a 1/25 scale dragstrip ~ complete with Christmas tree and electronic timing ~ in operation at HobbyTown USA at 34th Avenue and Greenway Road.  If you haven't already, go check it out.  I believe they do club racing on Friday nights and Sundays.  

It's mind-blowing.  Those guys have beautifully detailed race cars!

• 1 month later...

Thanks, Dan.

I've seen that. Is that the same track that was at the 43rd Ave and T-bird swapmeet or is this a second track?

I'm obviously not much of a get out and do things in public person, as seen by my lack of attendance at the club meetings. The Eldon track is just something from my youth I would love to have again, but they are just too expensive for me.

Russ

• 4 weeks later...