Model Cars Magazine Forum

What's your next model purchase?

I got a little money for my birthday and finally bit the bullet for this:

0c.thumb.jpg.d5b932a81e0edc9601763ada59c

1/72 scale Special Hobby Douglas B-18. Mostly forgotten late '30s bomber whose main combat experience was getting shot up on the ground at Pearl Harbor and the Philippines; but I always liked the pre-WWII types. I waited 35 years for a company to produce an injection-molded kit, but the darn things were always listed at around $50-$60 or more. Finally found one with a Buy it Now price of $30 (cheapest I've seen in two years of watching them) and it's on its way to my little hangar. I don't build many planes anymore but this is an exception.

• 2 weeks later...

Despite telling myself "No more models", I have found a couple of the MPC WWII Jeeps on clearance at Hobby Lobby for $14 the last two weeks and figured they were worth it for parts to fix some Jeeps already in my collection.

I truly have to rid myself of some more models before I buy any more as I am trying to de-clutter my life in other areas. I am looking forward to getting some bench time here real soon, maybe getting a bunch of WIPs finished!