Model Cars Magazine Forum

New Site/Forum Look

Since the Forum Problems link is closed, I guess I have to post here.

I have a recent iPad Air 1 that is completely up to date. But for the past couple of weeks, when I click on Quote to reply using the iPad, I get a quote box with a double display of other of my posts that aren't related to the quote. Suggestions? My desktop iMac seems to work OK, and that's where this post comes from.

• 4 weeks later...

Since the Forum Problems link is closed, I guess I have to post here.

I have a recent iPad Air 1 that is completely up to date. But for the past couple of weeks, when I click on Quote to reply using the iPad, I get a quote box with a double display of other of my posts that aren't related to the quote. Suggestions? My desktop iMac seems to work OK, and that's where this post comes from.

I don't think it's any problem with your device.

It's a site issue

I have the same thing happen from time to time on my desk top.

Usually seems to happen to me with threads that I have quite a few posts in.

The more posts, the screwier it gets.

Like you, sometimes I'll get a whole bunch of old quotes when I try to quote someone.

Other times I'll just click the box just to post a regular message, & get no text box.

Steve

I really miss the part of the old format where all the replies were numbered. Made it much easier to direct someone to a relevant post.

On he upper right corner of each post there is an icon which is 3 dots connected by lines (shaped like a "<" sign).  You click on that and it gives you the URL pointing directly to that post.

Here is the URL I got for your post: http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/104078-new-siteforum-look/?do=findComment&comment=1637001

If you don't like the look of that long URL, you can just change the link text when you insert it in the post. Like click here to go to the post.

That should be no different than pointing someone to a numerical value.

Edited by peteski