Model Cars Magazine Forum

VW Golf Racer

Scuderia

I don't know much about the different Mk. Versions of the old Revell kits, so I'll throw that disclaimer out there. It appears this kit is a street car with a race decal sheet. I'll build this built box with some added parts from the ubiquitous Nascar 80's kit. My version of the Golf Racer arrived sealed in original wrapping and bags, so the decals are in good shape. Unfortunately the steering wheel was broken so I'll be swapping it out. Also, the wheels provided didn't look too circuit-racy, so those will be swapped as well. I may even do a rear-seat delete, but we'll see.

SDC10517-vi.jpg

SDC10529-vi.jpg

SDC10530-vi.jpg

SDC10531-vi.jpg

Edited by Scuderia

It was 1300cc with 55hp Sean. The old man had a Saab 900 Turbo back then. Both were new cars and I'd just turned 17 so I just had my provisional drivers licence. I was only allowed to wash the Saab. Even when he was away on business I could never find the keys, I think he brought them with him! LOL:D

Thanks for the replies, I appreciate it; and that's a good story to boot. Where I am in Michigan i went to drivers ed through the school district. Cut my teeth on Taurus station wagons lol. Not much cool factor.

Upon a test of the decal sheet, the decal i used disintegrated in water (one of the small Revell logos on the sheet) With that said, I decided to go in a slightly different route.

I rummaged through the decal box and came across 3 sheets of these. The Eagle one decals will be used, along with some  from the current Civic Si kit (tuner option decals) and possibly the SVT Focus.

The idea here is an old racer, in a slightly more modern time. I made a scan of the original Valvoline sheet but not in the mood to fiddle with printing.

20150720_185104.jpg

Edited by Scuderia