Model Cars Magazine Forum

CHARLIE ALLEN Dart F/C - Looking Like Something - 8/2/15

• 2 weeks later...

Joe, that's really a great hobby room.  Spacious, several rolling stools, small type stuff on the wall and out of the way.  Very good.  Excellent too, you have chests mounted on wheels!  I do that too.  The cleaning woman has little excuses this way.  No dust on the floor.

Question:  When small parts get gravity and fall, do you have soft knee pads available?   Man, I watched a small round metal part fall the other day....it's still down there somewhere.  I have carpet.  Your floor is tiled. 

Looking good!

Edited by 10thumbs

Question:  When small parts get gravity and fall, do you have soft knee pads available?   Man, I watched a small round metal part fall the other day....it's still down there somewhere.  I have carpet.  Your floor is tiled. 

Funny you should ask Michael. Small parts are easy to find. Itty-Bitty parts, on the other hand, not so much. I'm using 00-80 and 00-90 nutz & boltz on the Nomad wheelstander. Some of the bolts are too long. The fix is, thread on a nut for re-threading the damaged end after cutting, cut the bolt, de-burr the bolt, take off the nut. As I was doing the initial sanding wheel grind, the vibration spun the nut off so fast there was no stopping it. I now suspect I have a small black hole under one of the desks, as it has never seen the light of day since. Gravity Sucks.