Model Cars Magazine Forum

CHARLIE ALLEN Dart F/C - Looking Like Something - 8/2/15

I tried everything I could, including an email requesting help that went unanswered, when I couldn't log in with my previous account. So, Nitrozilla is dead, long live Nytrozilla. On the other hand, if somebody knows how I can reactivate my old username and password, as Spock would say, I'm all ears.

I wanted to poke my head in and say "HI" to everybody. As far as I know, nothing will change on this thread as far as what I'll be posting. I'll continue giving updates on the Hobby Room until it's back in production and I can get back to work on the build.

Until then, here's a couple of progress pics. No changes on the right. On the left, the shelves and cabinet are in place, as is the photography table. I even managed to unpack a box or five.

20150719_175438.jpg20150719_175423.jpg

Edited by Nytrozilla

Hey y'all, thanks for peekin' in. Danno, I did have a doppelganger, but I had to kill him 'cuz he was lookin' at my women. I'm the only one left.

As far as my new handle, it doesn't make a diff to me. So I have to re-attain Ohana status. I told the waitress at IHOP that I was an Ohana and she still made me pay for my meal. Mmmmmm, Minion shaped omelettes.

Funny thing. Spent four days lining kitchen shelves and drawers. Finally got a rolling toolbox and guess what? Nekkid drawers!!!!!!

On to the next project. Laterz.

minion-despicable-me-movies-tv-868075.jpeg

Edited by Nytrozilla

The hobby room furniture is in it's final configuration and I am one Jazzed Little Minion. Actually, it was a little Minion named Jazz that suggested putting the toolbox next to the build desk.

Now I can start unpacking. Major Wootage Y'all.

I think I see space for another model or two........

20150722_132003.jpg20150722_132013.jpg20150722_132046.jpg20150722_132114.jpg

"I think I see space for another model or two"

Yep, wall space is available.  Not as much on the shelving though.  I see some room for a bigger (wider and deeper) bench too.  Vice, compressor, sandblaster, paint cabin.  Maybe a fridge for a secret-type stash. Cheers.

So, we have the pool, bunch of the new hobby room, and the front facade.  How about the kitchen?  The garage is important too.  Got A/C in there?

Did you move or what?

Yup Michael, it's a new house. I've gone from a one bed apartment to a 3 bed house I bought using my VA benefits. The hobby room was designated as a Family Room. The cabinet between the shelves is for paint bomb storage and the black desk with the table next to it are for paint mixing and a downdraft airbrush station. It will vent to the side of the house. I might even partition it off from the rest of the room by placing a wall to the left of the desk, the width of the patio sliding door. That could work.

The big tools, lathe, etc., will come later when I convert one room into a woodshop / engineering headquarters. No A/C in the garage, but I'm seriously considering installing a vent from the hobby room to the garage.

Here's the kitchen.

20150722_141626.jpg20150722_141729.jpg20150722_141741.jpg

You've done well for yourself.  Good that benefits are finally benefited.   The garage is for me a sanctuary.  A back room with a view and lots of room for my hobbies that are occasionally loud and smelly and dusty as well.  Neighbors? None.

Good luck getting all things squared and fitted.

Michael, luckily for me, I'm unencumbered by the requirement to be responsible for someone elses happiness. In other words, I'm single so the whole house is a sanctuary.

Brother Tim, I thought everyone came here for my sparkling personality and charming wit. What other possible reason could there be for such a devoted fan club?

Joe.... the house looks nice and the hobby room looks like it is ready to go.. now get back to the bench and put those minions to work. Who am I to tell you to get back to the work. I desperately need to get back to the bench on my funny car its calling my name.... but trying to finish up the twin twist  first. lol

Joe.... the house looks nice and the hobby room looks like it is ready to go.. now get back to the bench and put those minions to work. Who am I to tell you to get back to the work. I desperately need to get back to the bench on my funny car its calling my name.... but trying to finish up the twin twist  first. lol

Heeeeey Buddy Bud Bud !! I think we both need a solid kick in the butt. Sometimes I'm overwhelmed at the amount of STUFF I need to do to make this joint liveable. No work on the hobby room, but I did do some weeding and trimming and shot weed killer everywhere. Tomorrow I shoot bug spray, then pull the weeds the weed killer killdeded. Killerated? Then I'm pulling down spider webs and cleaning the outside windows. When did you and John say you wanted to come over? Bring your swimming trunks and work gloves. Oh yeah, what is this twin thing you speak of? I saw you mention a hint once before.

Joe.......looks like you got it going on.....well done Brother........Chris and I need to come visit.......looking good

Speaking of somebody that needs a kick in the butt!!??!! Wassup Bro? I'm having a great time with all of this. I guess you could say I'm finishing a 1:1 model of Casa Zilla. Temps are still in the 100's here guys. Plenty of time.

Edited by Nytrozilla

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Ray. Love your finished Cobra drag car.

I was hoping to get the hobby room up and running this weekend, but a delay with TV mounting hardware slowed progress. If I can get it done soon, I might just join in on the Wheelstander Duel that just started between John T. and Chris. Nothing on their skill level, just a quickie to break in the room and do some airbrush experimenting. Then right back to the body work on the CA Super Bee.

So, the bottle paint rack is up and I hung the towel holders I use to store reels of wire, ribbon and tape. The TV goes where the blue tape is above the paint rack. I also picked up a set of peg board hangers for the board I added to the main desk. It might take a few days in reality, but I'm in the home stretch.

Sorry I'm unable to post pics, but here's a link to my PhotoBucket page. There are 4 pics of the room. Click on the right side arrow to scroll.

http://s192.photobucket.com/user/Kitbasher1/media/Mobile Uploads/2015-08/20150802_155505.jpg.html?o=0

Joe......nice looking set up you got going on.

Thank you my friend. Now that completion is near, I'm looking forward to getting back on the bench. I'm also looking forward to YOU getting back to it. ;)

For my contribution to the wheelstanders, I MIGHT do a Chevy Nomad Wagon. I would use an engine from the Hurst Hairy Olds in the rear. No V-Drive would be needed because it's a front wheel drive set up, just in back. The engine will sit low, but I have an idea to make that look cool too.

WOO HOO !!! The hobby room is done to the point where I can start work again. Did I say WOO HOO !!!  ?

So here's the dealio. I'm TEMPORARILY setting aside the Charlie Allen build. I'll be breaking in the hobby room by joining John T and Chris on their wheelstander builds.

I'll be doing the aforementioned Nomad wagon. See the new post for details.

Here are the last pics of the hobby room. Just have the airbrush booth to build.

Enjoy.

a>URL]

20150807_163938.jpg

20150807_161546.jpg

20150807_161529.jpg

20150807_161516.jpg

• 4 weeks later...