Model Cars Magazine Forum

Intro from Mass

Hi everyone. My name is jeff hughes and I am just getting back into the great hobby of model cars. Please bear with me as the computer-Internet-thing is all new to me. I have as they say been living in the stone age. My excellent and wonderful nephew had to help me set up my account on the forum but hey I'm Learning and trying. Well I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello to everyone and also to say that I love model cars.

Hi there. Thank you for welcoming me.l am a fan of most years but tend to lean to the 60-70 and some of the 80ies .again thank you and I look forward to communicating more about all this Hobby(actually it's more than a hobby to me) has to offer. 

Welcome from the west coast of MA. There are plenty of forum members from your end of MA and some great model car clubs. Feel free to ask anything here ... even computer help. A good percentage of the members here have build models when young and come back to the hobby after a life break.

Wow . Again I would like to say thank you to everyone who has welcomed me here. When I was signing up on the forum I read the rules and regulations and Gregg said that we are one big happy family here on the forum and I am definitely feeling it .And foxer I will definitely take you up on your offer. My computer skills oh I'm sorry what computer skills or any that I think I have are definitely-positivatly lagging behind. So thank you. I have been scrolling around and reading some great and I mean great stuff on the forum.l feel that I am very lucky to have model car building in my life today. I cannot say enough positive things about itWell I hope that everyone has a great day and look forward to communicating more. Jeff

Hi, Jeff, and welcome from Marlborough.

MassCar Model Club usually meets the 3rd Wednesday of most months (this month we had to change due to a facility availability issue,) at the Porter & Chester Institute on the Canton/Stoughton line, right off of 139. 

We have a couple of guys that live over your way in Weymouth, Braintree and Quincy.

Feel free to come to any meeting. Turn left in the driveway, head to the auto-shop and enter through the door next to the garage, and head upstairs. Smell for the paint and glue. 

Charlie Larkin

Hi Charlie and hi 1930 ford pickup. Charlie absolutely I would love to go to a mass car model meeting. I was looking at my calendar and august might not work unfortunately for me but any 3rd Wednesday after August would be great. I have been wanting to get involved with a Model car group but did not know where to start so thank you Charlie for the information and inviting me to masscar. 1 questions I have is what are the times start to finish. And 1930 fordpickup I am really trying to get out of the stone age and into the 21st century. It's mostly with the computer and Internet stuff that I am behind with. Well thanks guysTake care.   Jeff

Hi Charlie and hi 1930 ford pickup. Charlie absolutely I would love to go to a mass car model meeting. I was looking at my calendar and august might not work unfortunately for me but any 3rd Wednesday after August would be great. I have been wanting to get involved with a Model car group but did not know where to start so thank you Charlie for the information and inviting me to masscar. 1 questions I have is what are the times start to finish. And 1930 fordpickup I am really trying to get out of the stone age and into the 21st century. It's mostly with the computer and Internet stuff that I am behind with. Well thanks guysTake care.   Jeff

Hi, Jeff.

There's usually someone at the building by about 6:00-6:30; the meetings start nominally at 7:00 and usually run until 9:00 or 10:00. 

Also, as a heads-up, Classic Plastic, the other club in Masachusetts, has their show on October 5, I think (the first Sunday in October,) at the Elks in Lawrence. Very easy to get to- 93 to Exit 46 (River Rd.,) turn left off the ramp, go a couple of miles down, and the Elks is on the left. A car pool can be arranged in all likelihood with the guys in your neck of the woods. 

Charlie Larkin