Model Cars Magazine Forum

Slot Cars Magazine

Gregg

Need to get the numbers up for Slot Cars Magazine.

Subscriptions are available online: Subscribe To Slot Cars Magazine!

We also have the first two issues available as back issues, Back Issues

The response to the magazine has been fantastic.

We just need to get the numbers up so we donʻt have to go to 7-Eleven to make some withdrawals!!!!

Just kidding, of course…

Need to get the numbers up for Slot Cars Magazine.

Subscriptions are available online: Subscribe To Slot Cars Magazine!

We also have the first two issues available as back issues, Back Issues

The response to the magazine has been fantastic.

We just need to get the numbers up so we donʻt have to go to 7-Eleven to make some withdrawals!!!!

Just kidding, of course…

Need to get the numbers up?

Have you considered a nude centerfold?

• 2 months later...

New issue #3 is out!  Got mine yesterday and the print quality is now better than Model Cars Magazine!
Mostly because it's now bagged and tagged!
Yup, the very biggest gripe from model car guys about dogeared corners and ripped covers is a thing of the past!  The new issues of Slot Cars Magazine now come mailed in a sealed bag for your protection.

Subscribe today so as not to miss an issue... or the entire program. Since unless we get our print numbers up we can't keep doing this. 
So please consider supporting a growing modeling how-to source.

Oh and static model car guys.
Before you dismiss this just because you don't build cars with motors.
This is one hobby!
We all build model cars and trucks.
There are many painting and wiring and detailing tips and tricks that are informational for static builders in our pages.
So drop your 'raceist' attitudes and get your subscription NOW! (see what I did there?)
www.slotcarsmag.com

Thank you,
Jairus

New issue #3 is out!  Got mine yesterday and the print quality is now better than Model Cars Magazine!
Mostly because it's now bagged and tagged!
Yup, the very biggest gripe from model car guys about dogeared corners and ripped covers is a thing of the past!  The new issues of Slot Cars Magazine now come mailed in a sealed bag for your protection.

Irony. My Scale Auto Contest Annual came last week.  It was bagged and the USPS still managed to smash a corner!  So you can't win them all!   Jairus, good luck with the new mag!

Picked up issue #3 at a local Hobbytown - don't know why they put their price sticker in the middle of the cover...

Lots of interesting and informative articles - kind of geared for vintage and scratch building but a little of everything.  Remember soldering brass chassis? It's like model cars but with different materials and techniques. What you get is useful to add more model car building skills to the toolbox. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Finishing it up now. With the big change at Model Cars, it put everything even further back.

I'm real excited about the next issue, and we are getting a lot of positive comments all the time.

Thanks!

Gregg

This is now the 2nd half of March. Hope you are still working on #4 and did not ship it out yet. If you did I don't know which part of the world mine might have gotten to. Can you tell I'm kind of hooked on the mag.? You are still working on #4..? Richard

Edited by oldcars

• 10 months later...

Just received #5 yesterday - Fantastic!  The re-creation of Lee Gilbert's Sundance car is stunning, I have the old CM magazines - the article was iconic at the time, and Jairus has done a superb job of it.

That was always my favourite. By the time I had the skills to attempt it, the chassis was obsolete, and the body was not available. Now, the nostalgia craze brings it all full circle. Luv it!:)

Is #6 close behind?

• 1 year later...

Every single day I've been dealing with the post office. Not complaining, just with the switch of ownership of Slot Cars over to Model Cars (long story), now we can mail Slot Cars under the Model Cars permit, which will be easier, hopefully save some money on the rising costs of the shipping, and get the mags to everyone faster.

Build?

I can't even see the workbench. All I see is paperwork, paperwork, and PAPERWORK!!!!!!

Thanks for everyone's patience, and support.

• 4 months later...