Model Cars Magazine Forum

55 Chevy Sedan Delivery Custom

AzTom

Here is the interior painted with Model Masters texture paint.

DSC02794-vi.jpg

Here we have installed the interior from a Highway 61 1967 Olds. The door panel took some trimming. The grey seat is one of the original Chevy seats.

IMG_2141-vi.jpg

The molded on door handle ground off and paint stripped.

IMG_2142-vi.jpg

IMG_2146-vi.jpg

More to come!

Thanks!

Lance, That was Mar-Hyde Aircraft Paint Remover in a spray can. It was by far the best out there, but It is no longer available. I tried the Aircraft paint remover be Klean-Strip but it does not do well on diecast baked on paint. 

These are 1/8 rivets glued in 1/4 Styrene to adapt the Highway 61 Wheels to the Chevy spindles.

IMG_2148-vi.jpg

Engine wired and interior fastened to the chassis.

IMG_2153-vi.jpg

My helper working on the radiator frame:blink:

IMG_2133-vi.jpg

Tom, can you show a pic of just the paint stand? It sure looks like the one I've seen at my local Hobby shop, but I could swear it said for 1/24th scale on the box. Didn't want to spend the $$ if it wouldn't fit 1/18 bodies. Thanks.

Cheers,

Lance

Edited by Yenkocamaro

Lance, That would be the one if it's a Tamiya. The wire spreaders are adjustable and will work on most 1/18. The flat turntable is great and comes with clips you hold parts with. I have two sets and really like them. This is a GMP 32 Ford and you can see the there is still one more hole to go.  They should be a $22.00? for the set.

IMG_0345.JPG