Model Cars Magazine Forum

Deuce 5 window...GMP kit and incomplete 5 window body

traditional

P7210047.thumb.JPG.26125270605124794cd47

I've just completed this traditional Deuce 5 window by modifying and combining a GMP roadster kit with an incomplete diecast 5 window body.

All the parts were stripped of paint and the front window detail had to be modified for proportion by making the top of the window opening less curved (bonding a wire form to the metal body).  Simulated rubber running board detail was added to the fenders, and I also added the black top insert detail.

I used the wheels from the GMP kit but substituted smaller diameter rear tires from my parts bin since the ones in the kit were a bit oversize in diameter. The simulated Mercury caps are plated fabric snaps.

I wanted to use something a bit different for the drive train so I made a tri-carb 348 Chevy from the 409 used in an Ertl 'American Graffiti' '55 Chevy gasser.  The tri-carb intake is entirely scratchbuilt including all the fuel lines, carb linkages, filters, etc.  the capped header and exhaust system is also scratchbuilt using silver solder and polished aluminum tubing. 

The interior is done in grey and blue base coat (satin finish) and the exterior paint is custom mixed pearl blue basecoat/clearcoat. The carpeting for the interior and trunk is done in grey felt.

P7210049.JPG

P7210051-001.JPG

P7210058-001.JPG

P7210059-001.JPG

P7030012.JPG

P7040019.JPG

P7060023.JPG

P7140036.JPG

P7160037.JPG

P7170040.JPG

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...