Model Cars Magazine Forum

Next up from Moebius ?

....if they market a lot of these 50s era boring rafts, they eventually will fail. the 61 Pontiac and the ford pickups are good moves, but to capture the dollars out there they need to concentrate on late 50s to mid 70s drag cars, and the muscle or quasi muscle cars that are largely forgotten. how about some 64-70 valiants, vega pro stocks, Fairmont,  66-69 falcons, etc, etc......even the 65 Plymouth  should have been made the cheapie sedan, as the drag car potential would have been endless.......just my opinions, of course....the ace....^_^

While any Kaiser in a model kit would be joyously welcomed by some modelers, there's absolutely no guarrantee that enough modelers would jump on it in numbers that would make it a valid gamble.  Trouble with any model company tooling up a Kaiser, any year Kaiser is--other then the factory stock version, they really weren't raced, seldom ever customized into anything really important.  Also, in the real, 1:1 world, they are close to being forgotten by all except the most diehard 40's/mid 50's enthusiasts.

Just not enough there to warrant the serious money to tool up a plastic kit, I'm afraid.

Art

While I'd welcome a Kaiser of any sort(except a Darrin) I know it wouldn't be a popular subject.But I had a friend back in high school who was big into them(and Marlins too!),even owning one that had been Suede-texed,so I  got to know a bit about them.I even helped him retrieve an extremely rare '55 Manhattan.I got to sit in the rotten thing while he towed it up I-75 behind one of his Marlins.That had to be a sight for the rest of traffic!

Edited by ZTony8

You gotta remember The owner of Moebius has a personal connection to Hudsons, they won a lot of races and have a more positive history than many cars of the era. . 

Good subject matter. 

Can't say whats next.......only a few at the top of Moebius could.......

But I do know if we keep buying.....they keep making!!! 

They would be money ahead if they focused on something in the light truck arena. Despite all the issues with the F100s, I would bet that they have been great sellers and we will see additional versions soon. If the frame and drivetrain in the current Moebius Ford trucks is similar to that of later model 70's Fords, then why not tool up new bodies and bring us more options?

I would think they know that whatever they decide, it has to be a seller in order to justify it.

They would be money ahead if they focused on something in the light truck arena. Despite all the issues with the F100s, I would bet that they have been great sellers and we will see additional versions soon. If the frame and drivetrain in the current Moebius Ford trucks is similar to that of later model 70's Fords, then why not tool up new bodies and bring us more options?

I would think they know that whatever they decide, it has to be a seller in order to justify it.

Agreed.  60-70s Dodges and Chevy/GMCs would be big sellers I would think?