Model Cars Magazine Forum

Next up from Moebius ?

More modern kits made of AMC Hornet's AMX's and Javelin's would all be kool!!!!

50's Packards

50's Mercury's

I sent in a email to Mobious about the 70's era Chevy trucks and made mention it would be a nice compliment to go along with the Ford truck line they have out now. They said they would add them to the list!!!!! So let's hope!!!!!!!!!

More modern kits made of AMC Hornet's AMX's and Javelin's would all be kool!!!!

50's Packards

50's Mercury's

I sent in a email to Mobious about the 70's era Chevy trucks and made mention it would be a nice compliment to go along with the Ford truck line they have out now. They said they would add them to the list!!!!! So let's hope!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure they have a long long list, the only question is, what is the top 3 on theirs ;)

From what I understand, there is at least one idea in this thread that is under consideration and if it materialized I suspect it would be an excellent seller. 

As for me personally, I'd love to see the '61-'63 F100 Unibody, such as the one Jesse posted above, but I doubt that one is going to surface as a new kit from any of the makers....

TIM  

From what I understand, there is at least one idea in this thread that is under consideration and if it materialized I suspect it would be an excellent seller. 

As for me personally, I'd love to see the '61-'63 F100 Unibody, such as the one Jesse posted above, but I doubt that one is going to surface as a new kit from any of the makers....

TIM  

I agree on the unibody Ford's too!!!! They would be a good seller!!!!!!!

TIM  

Awww, c'mon Tim! Out with it! :P

Or are they watching your house?? :D

ANY of these cars mentioned would be great, so lets hope they're definitely getting their ducks in a row!

On a personal choice I would pick  the 71-74 javelin/amx, but the 1970 javelin actually makes sense. With at least 5 different option packages so reissues could be done like revell's 69 camaro. The engines were externally the same, so retooling less parts. Most reissues would need hood,spoiler, and decal changes.

I'm not getting the love for the '71-'74 Javelin. Not only were they the ugliest of the breed (ducking now!), but JoHan did them and there are plenty of reissues around at somewhat reasonable prices.

Now, a '68-'70, you could put me down for a few!

Personally, I thought the first gen Javelin was okay, but it looks like just another generic ponycar, but hey, everyone has their own tastes.

I could definitely go for a boat tailed Riviera, but some mid 50s luxurycars would be up around the top of my want list.  There's some classics and brass era cars that would rate higher for me, but let's be realistic.  The Kaiser mentioned at the beginning of this thread would be right up there for me, as would a '53 Buick Skylark.  A "56 Lincoln  or any mid 50s Cadillac would be good, though if you really wanted something with a racing version, there's always the 1954 Lincoln.

Thinking of '50's cars, there's one with a lot of potential as several versions could definitely come from it. 1957 Oldsmobile 88/98. 

You have the hardtop, post coupe, convertible, and if I'm not mistaken Richard Petty's car could come from this. Isn't that one of the first cars he raced back then? I thought there was a rumor of one coming from one of the major manufacturers years ago, but of course, we've not seen it. 

Edited by MrObsessive

I think that we already have enough 50's Mercurys.

Actually, I don't think we have any 50's Mercury kits. The '49 Merc, afaik, is not the same as the '50 or the '51. The '51 has different sheetmetal in the taillight area.