Alright glue dried on the engine halfs, now time to paint it

014.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

Ok here are the parts I will be gluing to the engine then painting

018.jpg

019.jpg

020.jpg

Well I had to make the hole bigger in the oil pan so that it would fit good but now it won't stay on its own so I got a clothespin to the rescue

022.jpg

Oooooooooooooooooooooooh I like my shiny intake

041.jpg

Ok finally I got step one complete also wanted to ask: can anyone take a guess at what size in Cubic Inches this engine is. Because I can;t wire the spark plug wires until I know so I can use a wiring diagram I will give you a hint Its a small block I can tell because the distributer is in the back on the instructions

045.jpg

044.jpg

043.jpg

Funny you should ask that. If memory serves me right we never really saw the engine on kit. However one would think that if there was a car out there like Kitt it would have something a bit more advanced then a 305CI/165Hp chevy v8. So to be fair not having ever seen what was really under the hood you could use the kit motor and no one would be the wiser. Or you could go crazy and put in something exotic. 

Edited by Dirkpitt289

Funny you should ask that. If memory serves me right we never really saw the engine on kit. However one would think that if there was a car out there like Kit it would have something a bit more advanced then a 305CI/165Hp chevy v8. So to be fair not having ever ween what war really under the hood you could use the kit motor and no one would be the wiser. Or you could go crazy and put in something exotic. 

IIRC, it was referred to several times on the show as a turbine engine, also sounded like one. But no, I don't think it was ever actually shown either.

Ok, well its a small block so im going to go with the 305 wiring diagram for this engine

The water pump actually came in two pieces, so I glued those then glued the water pump to the engine

002.jpg

003.jpg

Well you're wrong about the 165HP on this engine, Notice I said this engine because it comes with two options, stock fuel injection, or a turbo charged  setup. The way I see it, if KITT was the safest fastest car in the world (he is in the show) then I think he should have a turbo charged engine because that would make it go faster.

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

Well so far this engine has made it two steps The boring steps. Now for step 3, making it a turbo charged engine.

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

Alright I got all the turbo stuff on there now Step 3 is complete. I also decided to leave the aircleaner off on this one because it has a detailed four barrel carburetor

014.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

Well this fan belt is going to be a pain to detail. Good lord this fan belt is weird.

020.jpg

021.jpg

022.jpg

023.jpg

you cant see it on the camera but I already messed up really badly

Does anybody know if KITT had A/C because this model doesn't come with it but I can route it if you guys tell me if it did. Sorry I havn't seen the show in so long I forgot almost everything about KITT

That kit does have AC. That part on the top of the fan belts on the driver's side is the compressor and that thing that's shaped like a pop can that goes on the passenger side of the firewall is the accumulator. You just need to find some pics on the net of an '82 T/A with air to see where the hoses are routed.

I had a 1/1 '82 Firebird S/E years ago with air but I didn't take any pics. The '85 T/A I own now doesn't have air or I'd take a couple pics for you.

Nevermind I can't put a dipstick on because the transmission isn't detailed enough. It doesn't have the flatarrow-10x10.png, fat bottom piece on it.

042.jpg

Oh my god please excuse my stupidity, Its a manual transmission. Ooooooooops it doesen't have a dipstick. Now im calling myself a dipstick

Ok I'm starting to get my tastes in what steering mechanisms I like to work on and pontiac is not one of them the instructions completely confused me so I had to figure it out on my own and the stupid thing still had to be modified just to fit so that I could have turning wheels

Once again, you can't see it but in the third photo I have the wheel mounts turned

048.jpg

049.jpg

050.jpg

Well actually I just got the stupid rear axle on. I call it stupid because the instructions suck so most of the time I have to figure it out myself. After 20 mins of frustration with the rear axle assembly, mostly the sway bars because they have the weirdest mount ive ever seen, I finished it here are some pics

In the last picture I have the wheelarrow-10x10.png mounts turned left because im testing it. I had to ajust them earlier because they were crooked. They look good now though

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg