Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 1969 Chevelle

roadhawg

Great job! one old man to another I love the tail lights, every 69 Chevelle I see built that is the first thing I look at. You need to send that picture to Round2 maybe they would fix the tail lights in that kit. I like the decals under the hood as well. Elvin 

I'm familiar with the flaws and shortcomings of that old AMT kit, which, to me, makes your build even more remarkable.  I assumed by now I'd seen just about every paint/interior combination out there, but yours, with its sinister black on red scheme enhanced by AMT's new tampo-printed tires, really stands out.  

I don't think anyone's ever been satisfied with this kit's tail lights, so your decal tail light trick seems to be an upgrade as well.  

One question:  did you replace or use some other technique to enhance the look of the headlights?  Yours look better than the chromed pieces that come as part of the grille assembly.

Tommy, Tommy, Tommy,

You underestimate the finished build here!

That Sir is one "GORGEOUS" 10 footer!

I am loving everything about this!

The fact that in my time, I owned several Chevelles,

has nothing to do with my bias towards the build . . . . :rolleyes:

Seriously, You have one GREAT model there!

Thank You for sharing

Later

Russ

;)

One question:  did you replace or use some other technique to enhance the look of the headlights?  Yours look better than the chromed pieces that come as part of the grille assembly.

Thanks again, everyone. The headlights are decals as well.