Model Cars Magazine Forum

Motorcity's 67 Galaxy 500

Porscheman

I bought this excellent Motorcity resin at NNL East, but when I got home I realized I crushed the body when a large box fell on it on my ride home. I contacted Jeff of Motorcity Resin and he made me a new body at a great replacment price. I painted my Galaxy in Testors Candy Apple Red Lacquer, with Wet Look Clear top coat. Since the kit doesn't come with chrome parts, the bumpers and wheel covers were done using Bare Metal Foil along with all trim pieces. The interior was finished using a king size black Sharpie, giving the interior that perfect black vinyl look. The tires are from AMT's Firestone Parts Pack and the glass was tinted using 3 light coats of Tamiya's Clear Blue. This kit requires either a 65 of 66 Ford Galaxy kit for the chassis, which I modified by removing the drive shalf hump to make the interior o fit flush.

This is an excellent transkit and a heck of lot cheaper than buying an original kit.

Let me know what you think.

Thank you,

Al

Falcon & 67 Ford 004 (640x371).jpg

Falcon & 67 Ford 005 (640x391).jpg

Falcon & 67 Ford 006 (640x336).jpg

Falcon & 67 Ford 007 (640x350).jpg

Thank you Lee, Yuri, Steve and Ray. This is a good resin starter kit for someone who never tried a resin before. It's molded in white resin and looks as good as the original AMT kit. For $65.00 is a lot cheaper than the $200 to $300.00 originals I've seen on ebay and swap meets. This was a pleasure to build and clean up was a breeze. Nicely done Motorcity!!!

Al