Model Cars Magazine Forum

' 64 Impala SS "Street Shaker"

smellyfatdude

I decided that while I'm waiting for the parts to arrive that I need to complete my ' 61 Starliner, I should be able to knock off one of my "low parts count" kits. No skill level 3 stuff here, no. I'd always wanted to build a ' 64 Impala, and since I've had this kit for awhile, there's probably no better time than now. My inspiration is a ' 64 I saw in Hot Rod magazine when I was about ten. Black paint job, five spoke rims and a blower sticking out of the hood. It also had the words "Black B*tch" on the back quarters, in orange lettering, but I'm not sure I'm gonna add that particular detail. Six coats of Tamiya TS-14 black, four coats of TS-13 clear, and Duplicolor Torch Red for the interior. The Polyglas GT L60 tires in the kit didn't fit the wheels too good, so I used the L60/F60 combo from the AMT tire set, and they fit just fine. Did a little dechroming on most of the engine pieces, and painted them up with metalizers. Fun times lie ahead . . . . . ;)

.paint%20002m_zps4mvjaaz2.jpg

paint%20004m_zpsw04xx4pm.jpg

paint%20005m_zps1wae36za.jpg

paint%20007m_zpsww6iyinf.jpg

paint%20008m_zpswriumt50.jpg

..........just got this kit last week, and intend to build a drag racer quickie to get back on the bench. look forward to your progress here, and your black/ red combo is sure nice . great project choice and happy modeling....the ace........:)

Edited by AC Norton
wording