Model Cars Magazine Forum

Congrats, nice job.  You did better than I did with some of the body lines.  I used a section from some deep tinted cheapo sunglasses my eye doctor gives out after dilating your eyes.  Had a decent bend and I found that I could add the needed radius by rolling around a suitably sized dowel and heating to keep it formed.  I had a real one, so I did mine in the colors of my original.

Congrats, nice job.  You did better than I did with some of the body lines.  I used a section from some deep tinted cheapo sunglasses my eye doctor gives out after dilating your eyes.  Had a decent bend and I found that I could add the needed radius by rolling around a suitably sized dowel and heating to keep it formed.  I had a real one, so I did mine in the colors of my original.

Thanks Warren. The windows were a "pane" to deal with but they're good enough for me. Have any pictures of your build?

• 4 years later...
On 8/7/2015 at 12:17 AM, Perspective Customs said:

Thanks Dan and yeah, those windows are going to be a challenge with the curve at the roof line. I'm sure I'll go through a lot of clear plastic to get 'em right.

Still a few spots to clean up but this is where we are. The wheels and tires are not what I'll be using, just trying to get an idea of the stance. I sent an email to Alan at Ma's Resin a few days ago but haven't heard back yet. I'm open to suggestions on the wheels & tires.

DSC09317.JPG

DSC09318.JPG

Any chance I can get to make another one for sale

• 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...