Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ford Hubcaps

OK,

I recenetly picked up builtups of a 1958 and 1959 Ford Convertibles. as well as a builtup 1959 Mercury vert

So my questiion is ,,

Does  either the AMT 1957 Ford Fairlane or T Bird , as well as the Revelll 1959 Fairlane . Does any or all the above have tires and hubcaps that are close to what would have been avail on any of the above

If not ,,short of Modelhaus any other source to obtain anything ?      ( I would prefer stryene if I can is my reasoning  )

Bill.

You should have mentioned hubcaps when we were dealing with the '58 Sunliner bodies.

I have a couple of sets of stock caps for the '58.

It seems to me that I've seen '59 hubcaps some where in another kit, (maybe as a custom wheel) but I can't remember where. The Revell kit had Oldsmobile hubcaps, believe it or not!

The Merc will be a little tougher.

Those will either have to be Modelhaus pieces, or maybe someone will have a set if you get lucky.

Let me know if you need a set for the '58.

Steve

DSCN4346.JPG

Earlier issues of the '59 Skyliner have the stock wheelcovers; not hard to find. '59 and '60 T-bird kits have them as well.

Correct.

I was referring to the more recent versions of the Skyliner kit.

Either way, it will either boil down to an ebay search, or maybe someone will have a set they'll part with.

Original AMT '59 Galaxie annual or promo wheels would probably be just as easy, or difficult to find as the T-Bird wheels.

Steve

Steve,

The 58 Ford I have the wheels are ,,ok. maybe a rechrome but decent shape otherwise .

My 1959 Mercury , I could use one due to a custom spinner added to it .the rest are very savable

Its my 1959 Galaxie builder thats the main one I mainly need hubcaps for .

post-9887-0-88010100-1436314921_thumb.jp

Edited by gtx6970