Model Cars Magazine Forum

New modeler incoming :)

Hi folks, 

I'm a relative newbie to the car modeling scene, the last few models I made (admittedly a few years ago) were mostly from GW's line of 40k related materials which are I suspect somewhat more forgiving then the stuff the cars are made of!

I signed up to learn a bit more about the hobby but also to get some help and tips on how to assemble a specific Revell kit, the '68 Corvette Convertible. I decided to give it a shot as I've not worked on a model in a while and another project I'm working on (a comic book) features a character who has such a car (albeit with some interesting modifications..) I was vaguely thinking about attempting to model their car using the kit but I'll have to learn where to start first :)

I'm based down in Kerry :) Clearly your up in Dublin. I'm trying to track down a model and pay a reasonable price  for the kit, but so far Amazon wants an arm and a leg and the local hobby shop says it doesn't exist even though I have a part number for the box lol.