Model Cars Magazine Forum

Correct, deep Cragar rear wheels to fit the Zingers kits?

I'm a stickler about replicating the real thing when possible. I really love the little MPC Zingers kits but don't like how they have the wrong rear wheels. I was wondering if anyone has found a source for a deep Cragar wheel that will fit the Zingers rear tires?

image.jpg

image.jpg

The out of production MRC wheel sets are among the most accurate and deepest Cragars I've seen. They're still out there and show up on Ebay every few months. Pricey, though. The Monogram El Camino Camper has a nice set too, and our member Casey sells resin copies. They are both a slight bit too large in diameter for the Zinger tires, but I dont think you're going to find anything else.  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Resin-1-24-Scale-Cragar-S-S-Deep-Deeper-15-Wheels-/321755161471?hash=item4aea1a237f

This is a pic of the MRC wheels. 

TA09.thumb.jpg.7457796b6e09362b8a8314774

Edited by Draggon

Nope, the MRC tires are square shouldered Mickey Thompsons, and another brand I have forgotten. This isnt my pic, I found it online. These tires look like Revell-Monogram Goodyears with no lettering. 

Edited by Draggon

Hey Ben, find your self The Barris "T" Buggy kit from a few years ago , it`s got a set of 8`in deep Cragars and a set of 10`in deep Cragars. Plus a great set of 60`s Indy tires for them. I used them on ALL my Zinger builds, they make them RIGHT !!!

Hey Ben, find your self The Barris "T" Buggy kit from a few years ago , it`s got a set of 8`in deep Cragars and a set of 10`in deep Cragars. Plus a great set of 60`s Indy tires for them. I used them on ALL my Zinger builds, they make them RIGHT !!!

Hey John, I'll check into that! Can you post some pictures of your builds I would love to see them!

Edited by Ben