Model Cars Magazine Forum

Does anybody make a cowl hood or scoop in 1:18 scale?

Might be a long shot. But here we go. Does anyone know of a supplier making 1:18 scale cowl scoops or hoods? Redoing a 69 Chevy Nova for my son in law to match his car. We got an Ertl 1:18 scale with the S/S hood. If I could just get a cowl scoop to put on this hood or even a full hood with it. Any help would be appreciated. First time I'm trying to modify a die cast this way.    Thanks guys!

Just looking for a scoop to put on over the SS hood if I can. I figured there would be some sort of supplier of parts by now! Trying to replicate the son in laws car. He had an Ertl 1:18 SS car. Blew it apart to paint and change a few things. But take whatever I can get.

• 8 years later...
On 8/4/2015 at 10:59 AM, AzTom said:

Can you post a photo of the real car hood you want?

It’s the hood scoop that came with the 68 Camaro ss. I think.  Like the one on guy fierie’s 68 Camaro on Diners drive ins and dives. I need one too . 

On 8/4/2015 at 11:11 AM, astroracer said:

Not that hard to build one out of sheet plastic. Post up some photo's so we can see exactly what you want to replicate.

Mark