Model Cars Magazine Forum

65 Galaxie d

parkflyrer 50

here it is finally done. The 1965 Galaxie 500 I wish I had to drive..Done in folkart aquamarine and testors aztec pearl white..hope you guys like it..I think it came out okay..comments welcome

It does look good!

I would have to argue with your comment about wishing you had it to drive, though. My Dad had a '65 Galaxie 500 when I was 19 and was Turquoise also.I didn't have a car of my own but after taking it once I never drove it again! It was the most sloppy thing on wheels.. down right scary. Even as a teenager without a car I refused to drive it! It almost rubbed the outside rockers on mild curves and wallowed down the road.

This is the vehicle that turned me away from American cars to this day, although I know they have improved greatly since this low period.

Just because your dad's car didn't handle well, doesn't mean all 65 Galaxies; or all 'American' cars - are that way. My second car was a 65 Ford Galaxie 500 XL, and I thought it handled pretty well, back in 1970, and I put close to 40,000 miles on it . Of course, it didn't handle like a corvette, but I was quite pleased with it, both in performance and handling.. . Maybe your dad's car needed shocks, coil springs, and an alignment.....'Z'

• 1 month later...