Model Cars Magazine Forum

65 Galaxie d

parkflyrer 50

here it is finally done. The 1965 Galaxie 500 I wish I had to drive..Done in folkart aquamarine and testors aztec pearl white..hope you guys like it..I think it came out okay..comments welcome

It does look good!

I would have to argue with your comment about wishing you had it to drive, though. My Dad had a '65 Galaxie 500 when I was 19 and was Turquoise also.I didn't have a car of my own but after taking it once I never drove it again! It was the most sloppy thing on wheels.. down right scary. Even as a teenager without a car I refused to drive it! It almost rubbed the outside rockers on mild curves and wallowed down the road.

This is the vehicle that turned me away from American cars to this day, although I know they have improved greatly since this low period.

Edited by Foxer

okay foxer..it's just a model kit..gees..:wacko:..but I appreciate the comments anyway...

eheh .. It wasn't meant as a slam on you ... your build is beautiful and I do like the looks of '65 Fords. As for being just a model, no model is just a model to many of us as they reflect what we like in 1:1 vehicles. Most of my builds seem to gravitate towards cars I've owned ... I even have a '65 Galaxie here waiting to become my Dad's car! :o I still never want to be behind wheel of one again. :)

and again .. wonderful job on this one!

Thanks foxer..it's all good..I know these were tug boats on wheels but that was Detroit steel at its best or worst..as far as thinning the folkart paint I used future floor polish about 50/50 mix and the testors white I didn't thin at all..thanks for the comments guys

"The first car I remember as a kid was my mothers first station wagon.  A white '65 Country Squire with wood grain."

My memory of my first job!  A neighborhood guy with a flat grey, as in never washed, '65 Ford wagon hired me to assist him at a local flea market. I'd go load up this wagon from his garage every Friday evening, then met him at 5am Saturday to ride in that wagon to the Englishtown, NJ flea market.  It didn't last long, he was a cheap creepy guy who would always try to cheat me out of a few dollars.  So I quit!