Model Cars Magazine Forum

What's Next? Follow up.

I want to thank all of you who voted in my little poll that I conducted last week. :P

I actually found the results a little surprising.

But, with 22 votes cast, the clear favorite was the '61 Buick Invicta with 15 votes, the '66 Chrysler picking up less than half as many with 7, & the '65 Dodge bringing up the rear with a dismal 0!

That was the part I found surprising! I actually thought the Dodge may have been right out front!

But regardless of all that, the masses have spoken & the '61 Buick gets the nod. :)

Now I need to decide on a color.

I already had colors picked for the other 2, but have still to decide on this one.

I was contemplating an creamy color of white with a possible metallic blue or green top & matching interior.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that one of the 2-tone options on the '61 Buick included the possibility of the panel around the tail lights a secondary color from the body, probably matching the top color.

If that was the case, I have yet to find any photographic evidence of it. Can anyone shed any light on that?

Anyway, we have a winner! :D

Steve 

Sure wish I could go back to posting photos from Photobucket!

Hasn't worked for me for the past week or so.

Anybody know what's up with that?

DSCN4326.JPG

Edited by StevenGuthmiller

Steve, that looks to be a killer project! I love the sleek "wingless jet" look of those '61 Buicks! :wub:

As Carl mentioned........I tried to use the direct image code on my end, and it wasn't working. I've gone to right clicking on the pic, hit copy image, and then paste it in your text box. The pic should show up like this one from my Photobucket album.............

P5110422.jpg%7Eoriginal

That's what'll have to work for me for the time being..........at least till some of the other bugs can be worked out.

Yeah, it was working a week ago.

I guess there's still a few kinks to work out.

For the time being, I'm just posting from my files.

I'm confident they'll get things working soon.

Kind of hard to keep a forum like this operating if people are having to jump through these kinds of hoops just to post photos.

Steve

Glad the Buick won the poll!

Don't know if it helps, but more than a few '61 Buicks were two-toned like this. If I remember correctly they had the primary color on the rear panel.

61buickinvict1.thumb.jpg.8c0f0bff00ad5c0

I did a little research John & found my error.

Evidently, the 2-tone combination I was thinking of was only available on the Electra.

The Invicta was either as your photo depicts, or just a contrasting top.

Thanks!

Steve

Interesting info, Steve. Thanks. I don't think I've seen enough '61 Electras to have taken note of that two-tone treatment, and have always preferred the proportions of the Invicta and LeSabre series.

I did a google search & couldn't find any Electras with that treatment either.

I got the info from the bottom of a 1961 Ditzler color chip chart.

I assume it would be accurate for the most part.

Steve 

gm_1961_buick_ppg_c_01.jpg