Model Cars Magazine Forum

Started work on a Moebius '54 Hudson Club Sedan!

Pics will follow, but I am having a blast working up this test shot--4dr sedan version of this one is the car my family took our definitive vacation to Arizona in, in December 1957, AND the car I took my Driver's License road test in, in August of 1960!  Stay tuned, folks!

Art

I'll be keeping an eye on this build!  There's nothing more fun or informative than watching you dive into a build of a car you have a real passion for.  The fact that I am really starting to dig all of these Hudsons is just a bonus!   

I'm anxious to see all the sleeping arrangements in it! :o:D

Pretty simple, actually!  I was 13, one sister 11 and the other one 9.  I made a platform in Jr Hi shop class to lay across the floor in the back (level it out), and a "trundle bed" platform (where one half telescoped under the other, trundle bed style) that laid across the backs of both seats, each part wide enough for a single air mattress.  Mom made a foam mattress for the platform across the floor--youngest sister camped out on that one, my other sister got to use the seat cushion.  Above, I got one side, and either Mom or Dad got the other at night when whichever one was not driving (we did the trip straight through from IN to AZ).  That all worked great, save for the moment when Mom mistook a string of Christmas lights (this was over Christmas 1957) in downtown Little Rock AR, realized that the traffic light had turned red at the last minute, stomped on the brake--I slid, ungracefully headfirst down into the front seat, then onto the floor, waking up next to the heater!  :) .  Later, it was pretty cool to turn around, put my face under that back window, and star-gaze (perfect for my astronomy lessons for 8th Grade Science (we kids had to take some homework with us, as we left a week before Christmas vacation!).  I even had the assignment from Mom (to Dad's grumbling--he could never navigate worth a darn!) to read the maps, lay out the route, even calculating gas mileage (that Hornet averaged 20mpg, not bad for a Twin H-Power 7X!).

Yes, those Hudson Hornets were that roomy!

Art

Pics will follow, but I am having a blast working up this test shot--4dr sedan version of this one is the car my family took our definitive vacation to Arizona in, in December 1957, AND the car I took my Driver's License road test in, in August of 1960!  Stay tuned, folks!

Art

The 4dr will happen, once the production kits are out.

Please Note that there is no Moebius 4 door sedan in the works, I believe that Art is converting a test shot body  into a 4 door.

I'm working on the 2dr Club Sedan test shot--building it as the kit will be.  WHEN this kit hits the shelves, THEN the conversion starts, not until them.

Art