Model Cars Magazine Forum

World Record Semi Truck Jump

Thats is cool but crazy.

X's 2 for sure!  crazy ??? hell yes. What's the point?  Stroking someones ego because the made a record breaking jump of a truck that was not meant to fly?? What is the world coming to? lol

Now back to our regularly scheduled drivel.

Be Well

Gator

Rick...I am sure if they looked carefully it might even scare them to see what all it did do to it...still impressive it took it like it did.

Yes it is very impressive to see that truck fly through the air then land hard on that ramp. As for the damage it sustained???? Most likely extensive. But them I doubt that they were even planning on driving it again, much less to the junk yard. I wonder what physical damage the driver sustained????

Be Well

Gator

wonder what physical damage the driver sustained?

Folks fail to factor the physics involved in that sometimes. I vaguely remember an old account of the injuries from a jump in one of the Smokey & the Bandit movies is what led to seats in some later stunt vehicles being hammock-like and not attached to the floor. From this link describing Hal Needham's stunts, the one about the 140ft Chevy truck jump says this, Needham was hauled off to the hospital with his first broken back, a compression fracture. “This thing had a telemetry system we wired up in the cab . . .I pulled 29 g’s when I landed on the other side,” he says."