Model Cars Magazine Forum

1963 Lincoln Continental HT - Updated 8/2

My Fotki 1:1 LINCOLN album link for inspiration. Most of it in order by title:

http://public.fotki.com/JCole/11_fomoco/11_lincoln__mercury/page5.html 

great selection of pictures, Jon.  Image 234 there is what I think I'll aim for.

It would look great in black but it is overdone.  We'll see if the white sticks. But not black for sure.  Sorry. 

As everyone no doubt is sick of hearing, I've got '61, '62, '64 and '65 projects going. Nice kits with a few quirks (hood contours on the early ones, front bumper/grille fit problems with the '64, window shape at the drip rail on '64 and '65, installing the '65's hood without breaking the pins off, etc.) You were lucky to find a '63 sedan; seems like '62 convertibles show up much more than anything else.

There was one '61 two-door hardtop made, a factory prototype; it looked as you might imagine - same roof, longer door, that's it.

As for an engine, maybe a Ford 427, 460 or SOHC to keep it in the family?

Anyway, Vito Corleone struck me as being more of a Cadillac kind of guy, :)

Sonny Corleone probably would have had a slabside Continental if he'd lived long enough...:o

Hey you need  to fill the dimples  on,pass side, above the C in Continental and underneath  the top of the 1/4

Superbike-shaun

Yup it was already suggested once. Thanks for the feedback. 

Probably won't happen on this one. This is just something to get me back in the mood, so to speak..to get out of a rut, I feel I'm in.  If I get too involved, I'll be right back where I started.  Just want a simple fun build for now.  

Edited by iceman-555

Hey you need  to fill the dimples  on,pass side, above the C in Continental and underneath  the top of the 1/4

Superbike-shaun

Yup it was already suggested once. Thanks for the feedback. 

Probably won't happen on this one. This is just something to get me back in the mood, so to speak..to get out of a rut, I feel I'm in.  If I get too involved, I'll be right back where I started.  Just want a simple fun build for now.  

That's a great attitude Joel!

Nothing will get you back on track like a finished model to show for your efforts.

The same day I finish one build, I can't wait to get started on the next!

it's a great "kick in the pants". :)

Steve

Everything said is true about the box; it's generic. There is a small picture of the '63 Lincoln on the box end.

1964 is the first year AMT made unique boxes for each model. So, 1958 through 1963 AMT annual boxes had these themes; Hardtop, Convertible, Truck and Compacts. The picture on top of the box didn't really tell you anything about the contents except; Stock, Custom and Racing (or another theme like Presidential Limo on the Lincoln). The only exception I know is the 1960 El Camino. Probably somebody else remembers another.

No 2dr Lincolns in 1963, real or kit.

Johan did the same during that time period.

The boxes were all the same & they didn't even bother with a sticker depicting the car.

Just a stamp on one end panel with a description of the contents.

I guess people trusted more back then.

Could have been a Palmer kit inside! :o

Steve

Edited by StevenGuthmiller

I like the White on this one, but personally, I would change out the wheels. . My next Suicide door Lincoln is going to be White too, just like the one my Dad had.

Ron, out of curiosity, what wheels would you go with?

Thanks for all the feedback, guys.  I'll keep all that in mind for the rest of the Continentals I have lined up next.  

I like the White on this one, but personally, I would change out the wheels. . My next Suicide door Lincoln is going to be White too, just like the one my Dad had.

Ron, out of curiosity, what wheels would you go with?

Thanks for all the feedback, guys.  I'll keep all that in mind for the rest of the Continentals I have lined up next.  

Everything depends on the look you are going for. I  would try to find a set of Factory Stock wheel covers, or period wire or  mags. After I built my '67 Lincoln sedan, there was a nice set of wire wheels, with the Lincoln crest in the center cap, which is going to go on one of my future Lincoln projects. 

Remember, no matter what anyone else says, it's your model, and it has to look good to you. The rest of us is gravy.